Wednesday, November 14, 2012

THE UNEXPECTED

Tiny flower among the grasses at Mud Bay.

Earlier this week I stumbled stepping onto our porch and fell hard on my one side,  Unexpected yes!
I am thankful it only bothers me when I have to get out of the chair or the bed and when I cough.  I may be more senile than dad, Sandra, but I am more active.

It was unexpected when Ben and Morgan, Theresa and Mikie dropped in on
Sunday.  Sandra had arrived first.  Dad was watching football.  Morgan was disappointed when I was talking about M. and M's the meat store as she thought it was the candies.  Fortunately I had some candy left over from Halloween.
 
Wednesday was a very busy day.  First I walked with Gunty and then it was over to the Safeway to do a bigger shopping than my daily trips of one or two things.  Had a quick salad and then off to Bible study at Colebrook.  We were studying Job and I enjoyed it.  I think it would be an excellent book to do a real good study on.
 
The day turned warm and sunny so dad went for a walk, while I was gone,  and then we drove into see Chuck and Robbie.  They are both amazing and coping very well.  The care they are getting is excellent and her window ledge is huge and filled with flowers.  The room is bright and cherry.  They make cookies everyday so it smells like home.  Her daughter was bringing in a special supper for them both. 
 
The drive home was a disaster as we choose several wrong roads and everywhere we turned the traffic was horrible.  I think I actually noticed a wrong turn we took so that is one for me.
 
So good to be home.. . . warm and cozy.  Dad is watching hockey and I am nursing my sore ribs and going to bed.
 
Then this morning dad so graciously drove around looking for me and drove right by me.  I yelledI waved my arms but he sped on by and I there had been a taxi I would have jumped in and said follow that car!  Ha aha
 

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I took my old route to work today just to compare it to the new one and see if it is actually making a difference. Not sure if the time it takes is much difference but it is a more stressfull drive for sure. Good thing you are not moving furniture around as much any more so I dont have to tell you to take it easy. Sandra

beth bennett said...

I add a few more words.

Shawna said...

Grandma I hope you feel better! Thinking about you always. Love you!

Shandel said...

Sorry to hear about your fall! i have been thinking about "falling" lately, as i have had many slips and jolts walking with Daisy. It sure is icy out there. I was just about to ask you how you feel walking around all the ice haha but i FORGOT you are in BC not icy cold Alberta. lol....see we all forget sometimes.

Love seeing your photos of all the get together's you all get to do. SO nice to have family all around.
have a nice day
xo

Anonymous said...

Jasmines results came back normal, they want us to retest in four months. Matthew off to preschool today 1230-1500.
Cold wind here today.
Ken