Tuesday, November 20, 2012

TRANSFORMATION

The trees are being transformed into barren branches as the leaves fall in heaps on the ground. This is when I have to be careful walking as they can be very slippery. The leaves that brought so much beauty into our lives now lay at our feet. I am still tempted to pick up the most colorful ones.  It rained very hard here today although there was a short break in the afternoon.  It was 8 last night and the dampness makes me feel chilled.  I had a good walk in the morning and enjoyed meeting some of my regulars.

We all bring beauty into one an other's lives in unique ways.  We need to be loved with compassion
and understanding.  This is not always easy. We need to take responsibility to keep ourselves healthy and as free of pain as possible.  This can mean trying new things and keeping active and being careful!

"So many are broken in body and empty in soul."
Joan Chittister.

I cannot change the world nor even ease the pain that others seem to have to endure.  As a parent I wanted my children to be obedient because I wanted them to succeed in life and not to be hurt by life.
I now realize that God wants to transform us not by demanding obedience but by helping us to be more compassionate.  Each day I like to have a plan and a purpose for what I am doing.  This week dad will be getting his eyes checked and I have my U.C.W. meeting where I am giving a little devotional so I have to think about what to say.

Dad is reading the Oliver Stone book called "The Untold History of the United States."  Something I would never read.  It has about seven hundred pages.

Yesterday dad got the car air-care approval and licensed the car which was behind for several weeks.  So now we are legal.  Meanwhile I started Christmas cards and went to the Post Office and stood in line for about 40 minutes. 

I am thankful that I can believe the love of Jesus is real and alive in me.
 Hopefully I am still being transformed by this love.


                                        And by the love of my life! 

Yes, we are very different in many ways dad and I
but fortunately we still enjoy doing a lot of things together.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Stephen did a good job, that is a great picture of the 2 of you. Has dad looked at the book any more and found any usefull information? I am looking forward to Christmas break and having some down time to really work on my legacy book (better then death book?) Sandra

Shandel said...

Oh legacy book Sandra!? i am curious.

I agree gramma that is a lovely photo of you and grampa. You can see the love he has for you, and vice versa. the love you both have for your family.

Sandra said...

Shandel, I guess Estate Planning book is a better name, I had just been calling it my death book and I was told it is not a nice name. Sandra

Anonymous said...

you both look happy and relaxed.
Ken

Shandel said...

Death book haha no that does not sound so nice, Legacy almost to me sounds like a biography or something. But you have many many more years in you, Your such a fiery spirit and i love it. no death book lol