Saturday, November 10, 2012

WEEK IN REVIEW

                                          Our neighbors tree in the sunshine.
 As I walk to the store I see two friends  sitting outside Star Bucks have a coffee.  Great idea
Our drive home from New Westminster where we picked up bread for our friend,Pat. 
She is one of those people whose life speaks of a living faith. A good friend and caring neighbor.

Choose well when you are looking for someone who will influence your life.

Needed help to get all those leaves in the big brown bag.  Dad and I make a good team.  Then I leave to cheer up  some of the golden oldies.  Jim has just informed me he was a hell's angel and did some bad things.  Well he feels like he is in prison now.
Dad's walk along Mud Bay.   Solitude can be powerful. A day a beautiful gift.
Walking and listening is the theme of my two latest books.
"The Art of Hearing Heartbeats."
 A daughter revisits her father's youth growing up in Burma and his mysterious past.

"The Secret of the Letters of the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari." 
A man in danger of losing his family
and his sense of purpose in life travels to pick up seven letters which teach him teach him what is the meaning of life.

Quiet tranquility on a cool and slightly windy day.  Life's simplest pleasures are life's greatest joys.

I tried to do a lot of things today but ended up with a big mess.  I learned that I can take my time.    Minor tasks are important and can be done at our own speed!   There is no insignificant work.  Be of service in the place where you are. " Then you will walk among the best who have ever lived."

12 comments:

Shandel said...

i just looove all the beautiful photos you take. I would love to live somewhere, where you dont see the amount of snow or feel the frigid cold that we have here in Alberta. lol as beautiful as a snow covered tree is in the frost, the ones with out are even more beautiful. I spose we always want what we dont have?

it has gotten quite a bit chilly here. -16 or -18. Daisy will need her winter booties. Dont want her to get frost bite on our half hour walks every morning.

I enjoy reading and seeing the photos of how active you and grampa are. <3 that is a precious gift.

I have been cooking up a storm with gluten free foods and treats. Would be great if you could taste it to let me know if its good or not haha i like it Cameron does too but he is quite the critic !

have a good day
xo

Anonymous said...

So Jim is the fellow that insists on a milkshake? And is generally cranky, ungrateful, and rude?

Well, it is truly Christian to devote so much time to such an unworthy individual.

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

I so enjoy your pics, Beth. The one of your neighbours tree is enchanting, with all the soft autumn colours and the contrast of the greys and blues peeking through where the street. I am thinking it would make a great painting...done with dots.. So, you have a Starbucks nearby? That could be dangerous for me! Love Starbucks. That cranky old fellow, Jim, must be a challenge to visit and not many people would persist. BUT Beth does. You are truly a wonderful lady. Someday he should talk about what he is not proud of and he would feel better...but I doubt he would. It sounds a though he has opened the door a "crack" though. Shandel, just a quick note to say, most husbands are our worst critic...IF mine "likes" one of my paintings, I am in trouble!Happy gluten free cooking and baking. Love, Nancy

nancy-Lou said...

I don't think we will be coming to Vancouver Island for our holiday, this winter. Sadly, our daughter in law, Melodie, is now in palliative care for bone cancer. It breaks out heart to see her in pain. We are hoping to bring her home, but she cannot walk now, so we will need a lot of support.I want to be there to help...they live next door to us. Prayers for Mel and Bob ( our son,) are much appreciated.

larry bennett said...

It is so hard to see a loved one suffer. It is hard to know what is best for the patient - one wants to be close and provide the love and support - but Im sure she is getting wonderfull care, plus your families love and support is always there.
Our love and prayers are with you.
larry

Shawna said...

Grandma I absolutely love all of the photos you take. They are beautiful!!! I wish I was there where there is no snow compared to here. But there has been many days I look outside and am amazed by the beautiful white beauty that the snow brings.

Its is so cold that stephen won't let our cat outside anymore cause he is scared he will get frostbite!! So we have a very playful cat because he cant run off his energy outside anymore.

Stephen is going back to work tomorrow so we are spending today together!!!!

Miss you guys and are thinking about you always! Love you!
xoxo

beth bennett said...

Thank you everyone for your comments.

My heart aches for you and your loved ones Nancy-Lou. May God give you strength and courage and faith. I pray that Melodie's pain will be controlled. I know having sat with the dying that it has helped me believe that there is life after death.
Our prayers are with you all sending God's love to surround you. Love Beth

Anonymous said...

Hi, I wrote a comment this morning and I don't see it. This is a test.
Carol

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol, Hope you will try again.
I would love to have a comment from you. Love mom

Anonymous said...

Dear Ken. Sorry to hear melina has a migrane, they are terribly painful. Give her our love and I pray she will soon be better.
love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Beth and Larry, thank-you for your comforting comments...it helps a lot to know that friends care. Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

I wrote earlier but it didn't stay.very busy day today ,as usual.melina still not the best.
Ken