Wednesday, November 21, 2012

LIFE LESSONS

Yesterday was a strange day with heavy rain on one side of us and sunshine on the other side of the car. We saw a beautiful rainbow right in front of us. I think a rainbow is one of the amazing mysteries of life. Later after supper the rain got even heavier and there was lightning and thunder.

My talk for my group.

 Yes, by the time we have reached our age in life we have learned a lot.  With the wrinkles have come the lost of good eye- sight ( thankful for glasses) and lost of hearing (is it time to think about a hearing aid I am wondering?) and many aches and pains.  We are I believe wiser in the meaning and purpose of life.   My faith has helped me to face my fears and find the strength to cope.

We know a lot of things but just can't remember them.  Being able to have a nap during the day is wonderful.  I know that within myself there be a grumpy me especially when I get over-tired and also a happy me. I know that it is not always easy but I am trying not to be negative and find the good in myself and in others.  We are here to listen and care for one another and by doing that, we have the power to  heal the deepest part of our souls, our spirit. Sometimes the greatest lessons in life are hidden deep in the difficult times. More and more I am realizing what matters most in my life. I am trying to be more authentic and realize that like most of you I have accomplished some very important things along the way.

Jesus tells us that the truth is, whatever you did for the least of my these. . .
You did for Me.

Grandchildren and great grandchildren have brought joy and laughter into our lives, just like our own children did.  Then came the years when we had to care about our aging parents.  I spend many precious moments sitting with my elderly parents.  My parents lived in Calgary and after every visit I would tearfully waved good bye to mom who always waved good-bye,  even when it was with one good hand from her bed.

A life is an achievement. Not all lessons are easy ones but are opportunity to change and grow. I get frustrated sometimes when I am trying to do a task and nothing works; I want to be able to be more calm and patient. When I feel afraid I want to be able to pray the fear away and find that in surrender peace will come.

  In the end love is all that matters. The love of beauty, the love of family and friends, and the love that flows from the heart of God to transform us each new day. Love is the energy that connects us and can even make us feel humble. I am not responsible for anybody else's happiness;  but  I can choose to be happy and thankful for the good things in my life.

I can be forgiving because I have been forgiven. Each one of us is unique and adds color to our surroundings by being ourselves.

"Love is always present in life, in our joys and in our sorrows. Love is what gives our days meaning. Whatever we may call it-love-God-soul- love is alive and tangible. Love is our experience of the divine, the sacred holiness. Love is the richness all around us. Its ours for the taking."
Elizabeth Kubler-Ross.

I saw an amazing  picture of love yesterday as a grandmother shared the quilt's she had made so beautifully for each of her grandchildren.  She is a precious lady who we visit and she may not live to see the joy her gift will bring..  I know that all heaven will be rejoicing with her no matter where she is here or there.  We grandmother together and have grown closer during her illness.

Yes, Jesus loves me not just because the Bible tells me so but because I have felt his love especially when I felt the need of comfort and strength.

May the God of hope fill us with all joy and peace.....Romans 15:13

God bless us all. 

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Good talk mom. I think as I get older I am more conscious of all the different “me’s” operating at the same time. I am able to differentiate between the scared me of certain stages of my life and the brave one. I see the grumpy me taking hold of my mouth while the loving me feels the guilt. The spiritual me has a heart that is light and full of wonder of all that life has blessed me with, while the day to day me swears and yells at the idiot drivers who cut me off and drive so recklessly. And I am learning to just be OK with all of the me’s because while I may be still gong through some fine tuning, the basic me that I am is pretty much a done deal. Sandra

larry bennett said...

My two beautiful ladies both with very wise and beautiful words.

Anonymous said...

Better change to quilt with a "q".

Good thoughts.

Doctor says I need a hearing aid, but I'm just ignoring him.

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

And it is easy to ignor him if you can not hear him!

Shandel said...

i miss you all so much!!
i do wish we could be closer.
i love you all and no matter how many yous there are you are all wonderful :D

i think about this as well, i have different me's and you know i feel its what i eat that almost controls which me is going to be out that day. isnt that interesting....

Gramma i say this all the time and prolly sound like a broken record but i just love your blog. religion and all. you do open my eyes to learn new things and i am grateful for that.

XO

PS Rick you are funny, lol !!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic shot of the rainbow mom.
Ken