Thursday, November 8, 2012

AUTHENTICITY


 Had a day to read and finish a book and now am reading
"The Seven Letters the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari."

The challenge is for us to live an authentic life which means be true to yourself. 
Know what is important and listen to your dreams.

"We must tap our hidden selves, explore the deep-seated, unseen hopes, desires and weaknesses that make us who we are."  Looking at our past concentrating on happy moments and then looking at our future where we are going.  Everyday even when we are busy there are lessons for us to learn about ourselves especially as we relate to others!

One of my early memories was going to the library with my mom.  It was a huge building made of bricks with three floors and many, many books.  I remember taking home Babar, the Elephant.

 In our home my dad and my brother were the talkers and I mainly listened.  My parents were good people but I was aware that dad was not always happy at work.  He worked very hard sometimes on the week-end.  He was a perfectionist and expected us to have perfect behavior and good manners.  My dad loved to sing at church and he played the piano by ear.  It was a shame we never could afford a piano.  Mom worked very hard to keep our home clean and our tummies full!

It was such a bright sunny day we decided to drive to New Westminster to have lunch with Iris Reid and pick up some gluten free bread for our friend Pat.  On the way we stopped to see Robbie and take her a mirror because it is very important for a woman to have a mirror.  How else can we put on make-up.  Our visit our very authentic.  When I first started to pray for her I had prayed for a miracle but now we agree that every day is a miracle.  I have felt very blessed with her friendship.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I was talking to our receptionist about how stupid womens cloth sizing is this days. One store you are a 5 and the next store a 12. So we deciding that sizes should just be called "size perfect" "size not hungry" and the best one "size me" Though in truth the authentic me is no size at all since I simply reside in this mortal shell that is constantly changing. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Yes Sandra us women do seem to change more up and down than men.

Ken

the temperature is 4 and it is sunny and clear. Traffic is lined up on Scott Road due to an accident, shooting accident on the bridge.

I am trying not to think of Christmas. Good for melina.

love mom

Shandel said...

Gramma Beth, what kind of gluten free bread do you buy? i am craving a sandwich lately. I have not had one in over 7 months!!! and i do not want to eat normal bread. I have had some suggestions of buying spelt, or spirulina bread but i have not gone to check the organic food store yet. If you have one you recommend i would love to hear!

Sandra! have you seen the Kelogs Commercials lately? they have that exact type of sizing for gals jeans. Size fantastic and so on. i agree. its soooo weird. Some of the ladies i teach in yoga asked what size i was and i said i wear a 6 at lululemon and she was shocked because she wears a 6 and we are not the same size at all. though i spose that type of clothing is different then denim. but it is totally different. I say you wear what feels good and go by how you feel. if you feel yucky then a change is needed to be made! :D :D if you feel great then you shouldnt care. <3 love you guys

Anonymous said...

Dear Shandel
The bread I pick up for my friend is made in a special bakery. It is potatoe and onion but is not good for me. I buy Kinnikinnick multigrain or Udi Bagels or bread.
I think I like Udo's the best but a change is good some times. These are at all stores now I believe. You may have to ask.
I just like to feel comfortable.
love you beth

Shandel said...

I have access to a wonderful selection of Kinnikinnick products. thank you for sharing. i will soon be enjoying some yummy bread again. I miss having a sandwich :D