Monday, November 19, 2012

BELIEVING

 
 
>

Walked over to see how the ducks are doing. A relatively short walk. They put on a good show for me. No Rick, Stephen did not walk with me on my walk,  but walked out of the restaurant with me while all the others went on ahead.

Our beliefs are so important. So often in life we learn more about what not to believe than what to believe. I believe in angels, in the power of love and prayer, and in spiritual gifts that we all can receive. I love to write and read and I loved to pray.

  "To realize what a great stream of life flows in us, to discover who and what we are and then give ourselves over to the energy and drive for it. . . . .has got to be the greatest personal insight in life." "Following The Path" by Joan Chittister. A new book I am reading.  So thankful for our library.

I believe we all make mistakes and hate to admit it, even though there is a benefit to be had from learning from our mistakes.

I believe that we all have a right to change our minds.  Here I am writing a few Christmas cards when I said I was not going to send any at all this year.  But I say that every year.  But I am cutting back.

I believe there is value in volunteering so I will try to keep doing my visiting.

I believe in keeping our neighborhood clean from rubbish, just a small act of picking it up as I walk. I collect bottles to give away for fund raisers. We all do these simple things in our own way.

  I could never organized parties like Sandra or be as friendly as Carol, or as wise as Rick, or as funny and caring as Kenny. I love music but as not as gifted as others in the family who can play instruments. I cannot tell stories like dad does. But I am happy being me!

Good idea Nancy Lou.  Shawna made us calenders with family pictures and birthdays on them last year.

The visit with Stephen went so quickly and ended with a supper at Sandra and Randy's.  Came home and the wind was blowing like crazy.  We could here things banging around outside.  I thought it would keep me awake but it calmed down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture mom. I may entertain but I was probalby asleep and snoring before you even got home. I made sure to do the dishes this morning though so Randy would not have that job to face. Sandra

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the Lions lost! Must be time for the Canucks to start playing. Windy but hot here today. We have had wild weather in Sydney and Brisbane. That delays a lot of flights , makes it very very busy for me. At least the time flies when it's so busy.
Ken