Saturday, April 25, 2015

MISSING


P4240427P4240434Sorry we missed your phone call Ken I just listened to the message Friday morning.

Missing the early morning sunshine, opened the door to a blast of coldness  I am walking Haiti because Kim has gone to Seattle taking one friend from the Cayman to meet with another down there.

Haiti and I just got back in the door when it started to rain, then pour and then hail and thunder.  It was good we were home as Haiti would have tried to jump into my arms if we had been walking. My garden white with hail.

Many things seem to go missing around here as now both Kim and  move a few things around.  The trouble is  I forget where and why I  did it, usually things turn up soon or later.

I am missing a good exciting book to read so I am reading an old one again.  I think I missed  some things in the first reading.

I missed seeing Gundy last week so busy doing the junk throw away so I went down later in the morning. She was telling me stories of her childhood digging up sugar beets to barter as they hads no momey..

Dad did not do a lot of coughing in the night so I was thankful for both of us.  His cold is in his chest now that is for sure.  We did get a midnight phone call which woke me up with a start, my first concern was for Kim.

I have to keep well to be over at the church selling books for several hours.

Kim brought Brittany home for a visit on her way back to Victoria.  We miss visiting with them as they went out and then left early in the morning.  But they had a fun visit together I am sure.
Somes I think what I am missing is good news as what you read in the paper and on T.V.  is very disturbing.

"The past is gone
Today is full of possibilities
With each breath I will be aware of
the strength  at hand.   _  -WF.

Things change and I need to accept and build on what dad and I have and cherish it so that the present can bloom with promise and hope. 

"Acceptance when it comes begins to bring relief
As healing hope renews our soul and strengthens our belief."  -Hilda L. Sanderson

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I am hoping to get out in the garden a bit today to dig up some stuff so even if it is cool I hope the rain just stays away.

Lot of underlining going on, did it have any significance?

nancy-Lou said...

MISSING....well I can say that I am NOT missing the snow. It is finally gone.

It seems to me when you have nice weather on the coast, we have poor weather and visa versa. It is a beautiful day here...sunny and warm. 15C. I taught my kids art class in the my sunroom today. The first time we could use it since last autumn. Great class. We were learning and pen and ink with watercolour washes. We made nature notecards....wildflowers with bees and butterflies. lots of fun. I am so blessed to be able to teach what I love so much.

How many years have you and Larry been married Beth? Maybe tell us about meeting each other and getting married in Saskatoon? We have been married 55 years...not long in comparison to my husband's aunt and cousin who will soon be married 70 years. Not sure if we will make it there.

I hope the weather improves and Sandra can get out in her garden and you can go for your walks without getting all wet. Good for you taking Haiti for a walk. I am leaving shortly to take my dogs for a walk too.

Have a great day,

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Canucks game live on TV here today...but I gotta go to work. Matty and Jassy's have a kids party at 10am . I plan on dropping them off and come home and watch the first 20 mins of the game before I have to go to work.
Ken

beth bennett said...

The computer just stared under lining I do not know what I pressed. Maybe I can get it to go away.

Nancy you must be a fun teacher painting such wonderful things.

I will tell one day about our big romance

Love Me