Thursday, April 30, 2015

THE UNCERTAINTIES

P4290446P4250438
No more uncertainty about whether  I have a cognitive impairment.  Sandra says definitely I do.  Who needs doctors.  No matter how my brain is functioning I want to be able to laugh and enjoy my life!

It seems to me being too serious is worse.

Other people forget their wallets and are late for doctor appointments they really did not want to go to.  I am not mentioning any names but it is one of these two.  Thanks for a fun visit.  Dad slept through it all.The  weather feels uncertain.  Dull or Sunny?   
   
"Probably the worst and the best part of life is its uncertainty.
Never knowing what challenges and opportunities just being alive will give each one of us".   Judith A. Billings

Dad continues to cough constantly and noisily.  This is what my dad would do and why I decided never to smoke. Dad is sleeping a lot so that should help him get better.   

I am trying to disinfect any place dad has touched..  I am praying Kim will not get sick .
P4250440 She is so busy going places no self-respecting germ can catch her,.

 Pray for her too!

Talking about prayer here is a true story.    Mr. Rogers met a young lad with cerebral palsy and instead of praying for the boy  Mr. Rogers asked the boy if he  would pray for him.  The boy was thrilled and decided his life must be important if Mr. Rogers, who he thought must be close to God. asked for his prayer that  meant his life must be important too.

On the other hand Mr. Rogers thought anyone going through such difficult hardships and keeps going mus1t be close to God

I enjoyed a walk to the park with Haiti where  I meet the nicest dog people.  Everyone loves Haiti!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Yes, even the doctor who put the note on your file probably has his own impairments starting.

That reminds me, how is Treadle doing?

beth bennett said...

No new news as Traudl has to complete all her tests first. I will phone to-night.
No visiting today as I have a bit of a cold.
Another sleepless night as dad was having trouble breathing and I nearly phoned the ambulance
He seems a wee bit better today.
Thanks for the visit.
love mom

nancy-Lou said...

OH OH...take it from one who has been there....I think Larry should go back to the doctor....or emergency if he is that sick. He probably needs to be admitted so he can have oxygen and inhalation therapy as well as IV antibiotics. Don't take chances...

Well I love your positive attitude regarding cognitive impairment....laugh and enjoying life! I guess when it comes down to these difficult thing in life acceptance is the key to what we have been dealt. It sure makes things easier, but isn't always easy to do.

it is a beautiful spring day today with strong winds and a high of 25C. Great day to hang laundry out on the line. I really want to work outdoors in the yard...but too much to do here. I have to teach piano lessons after school. Some of my students are preparing for their exams with the Royal Conservatory of music. I will teach for another 6 weeks. Then summer holidays.

I will keep Larry in my prayers...keep a close eye on him Beth...when you are so fevered and sick you really don't know what is going on. Poor guy.

Love to you both..
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hope dad is feeling better.
Cool but sunny here.
Ken