Friday, May 1, 2015

WHO

P4300435
I lay awake keeping an eye on dad all night.  I watch each breath he takes, watching and praying. He does much better last night. Yesterday morning the he seems a wee bit better and sits in the living room to have a visit with Carol.  She has another busy week-end ahead with her friend coming to visit and they are going to a conference together.

Dad has a big sleep in the afternoon and I rest too.

Oliver is also coming and she picks him up at the airport and Panteli will take him early the next morning to fly to Mexico, where he will be on the look out for the biggest waves to surf.

 Haiti watches every move Kim makes as she packs her bag.  She keeps adding more and more. I sense she is feeling sad knowing we will all miss her.

P4300444Carol comes to drop off some things for her to take with her.  So many things to remember, like a quick trip to the vets. to get Haiti her special. very special food. Then there are a few last minute changes.  Kim looks tired as she has been extra busy these last few days.

P4300445I look at this lovely young lady who I have known all her life and I am amazed that she copes with so many things to do at the last minute.

I take a quick picture as the hope in the car.  Two hours later there is a call from the airlines that the flight will be delayed for several hours.

Who can stay calm and cheerful when there is this added stress.

We know that Ken and his little family have gone through several mix-ups in their travelling too.  Ken phoned and talked to dad while I was walking Haiti.  Hope they can find out the problem of Jesse's pain.  It may be a side effect of the drugs he is taking for  acne.

Then I phoned and talked to Traudl and Brian and she is still having trips to Cranbrook and getting more tests etc.  Brain has now come down with a bad case of the Shingles by his eye which is not good.

I will end my blog knowing that when we share our journey of life's ups and downs with others especially loved ones life is a lot easier and we are reminded how precious each day can be.






3 comments:

Sandra said...

Yes, I am sure Haiti will be very sad for the summer, missing Kimberly. I will call in a bit to see if dads night was any better. If he was able to get out of bed yesterday that is good.

I am going for a walk at the Fen with Sukhi and Candice at 1:00, looking pretty gloomy out there.

beth bennett said...

As long as dad is quiet and resting his cough is getting better with pills and prayers.

As soon as he goes to bed for the night the cough monster comes alive and it is a battle for him not to cough.

He was much better last night and we both had a better sleep.

Dad loves to have Haiti around and she wants to wake him up every morning.

I will take her for a walk to the park this morning. It is good for me to keep my walking up. I took her last nigh and about 20 dogs where at the park. They have great fun sniffing each other.

A quiet day today. Enjoy your walking and visiting.

love mom

Anonymous said...

I miss Kim already! I hope she has a fun time in the Caymans. I know Haiti will miss her but luckily she has a big pack of family to love and play with her.
I hope Dad gets even stronger today.