Tuesday, May 19, 2015

GRAY

P4300439
Dad and I are in that gray area where we are not sick but still not feeling well.  When difficult things happen and life gets stressful it is easy to get thrown off track and start questioning life and God.  It is the love of family that keeps us moving on.

Everyone has the right to be free not to have a positive attitude for the day when facing truth.  Not even the truth about the tragedy of loss but the truth that often it is the little things that bother us.

“Any idiot can face a crisis-it is  the day to day living that weird you out.”  Anton Chekhov

It can be the offhand uncaring remark by a supposed friend, the traffic jam that ruins are plans for getting to our destination on time,  my carelessness or some one else’s.

P5160491Ben continue to play a great game,  rushing out and grabbing the ball etc.  The parents who were with us thought very highly of Ben and we were proud to say we are his great grandparents.

 A  goal was scored on Ben when the other team had a penalty kick which was so unfair.  How do you stop a soccer ball from going into that huge net?

It was fun to have Randy and Sandra join in cheering his team on. 

After the game dad and I had naps and then drove over to visit Sandra for supper.  We then played word games.  The word I was trying to remember was cognitive impairment.

Back home again I took Haiti for her walk as she let me know she wanted to go.  I took some treats so I could let her off leash and get her to come back to me to get her treat.  It worked fine except I ended up with about 5 other dogs all chasing after me wanting treats!

I am learning that some mistakes are in the gray area and do not need to be corrected but we learn to live with them.


.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Sounds like there is a lot of gray area in life. The test will be to see if we can remember that word six months from now.

It was nice to have you drop by, with Randy so often working afternoons my evenings can be pretty same old, same old all the time.

Anonymous said...

Great day at the soccer game yesterday, then Carol and I went to Ladner for a little house-warming party for my friend Heather. I was godfather to all three of her kids and now they are all at unviersity, so I guess that makes me old! Panteli xoxo

nancy-Lou said...

Yes, Carl too sometimes feels in the gray area and gets down on life. He has so little that he can do and I am sure it gets very boring for him.
Me, I don't have much time to think about that and very thankful for being " too busy" most of the time. But " the grey" gets to me at times too.

I actually teach colour theory using the wonderful selection of grays as examples of how to achieve colours that "sing"....so I think even gray times to us can be times of learning and realizing there is a lot to life that is colourful!

It is sad to see our friends age and get weaker and some have to give up their homes...we had a visit this morning from a fellow who used to be a very active electrician and plumber and now he is almost at the stage of going in to assisted living. BUT he still has that inquiring mind and interested in a lot of things...especially "bugging" our local police and public works people...not my idea of fun...but I guess each to their own.

He likes to come for coffee and complain about them!

I am cleaning up from that "perfect storm" as the weather people are calling it...it really did a lot of damage. it tore the new young leaves and blossoms off the trees...I am hoping that they can rebound with new growth...it will be a sparse growth.

Well have a good day,

Love , Nancy

beth bennett said...

That is wonderful to know that even gray can be beautiful.
love beth

Anonymous said...

Nothing new here . I am on early shifts. The kids had a trip into town as a school field trip. They went to the shrine of remembrance and the botanic gardens. Today they went to the zoo as it was a school free day. They took toothless the dragon which Matthew was given by the teacher . He has always done his homework. All the kids take toothless home with them and take photos and put them in a scrap book. Matthew is first in his class to take him home. Goggle toothless the dragon from how to train a dragon.
Ken