Thursday, May 7, 2015

SPRING FEVER

P5040452
There  is only one thing wrong with spring is that it also brings the miseries of hay fever, the itchy eyes and runny nose.  Our friend says it has been a bad year with every thing blooming so early and all together.
 
It is hard to believe they had snow in Edmonton!
 
   I went to visit Gundy just to tell her we had colds as I had not been to see her in the last week or so.  She insisted I come in as she says she never, ever gets colds from children or from the patients at the Nun's Home where she worked for years.  She sure enjoys a visit and we talk about the election and nutrition and her childhood, she especially  loves to talk about her childhood, and has opinions on every thing!
 
I missed my women's group U.C.W. luncheon today as it was our final meeting until the fall.  We had a work project making goodie bags for single mom's.  They really look lovely when wrapped in cellophane and tied with bows.  Such good friends that I have known for years.
 
Dad went out on his bike for a very short ride and realized how weak this bug has made his legs too.  We both feel better and next thing we know we feel rotten again.  Dad seemed very down last night.  Being sick is no fun especially not sleeping well.  I guess this is normal to feel better then worse.  Wow does that mean  I am normal!  !
 
I am not well enough to go visiting today and I would not want anyone to catch any bugs from me.
I do not know how Jim is doing but no news is good news.  He is not expecting a milkshake because he had instructed me to stop bringing them.
 
Nice to have a phone call from Ken.  Dad has not been checking his e-mails like he used to, but we did see the picture of Jazzy as the best student of the week.
 
Faith can be strengthened in times when all we feel is discouragement. 

8 comments:

Sandra said...

Yes, I guess you must be normal. I bet you are a little disappointed!

I think some colds seem to do that, start to feel better, then get worse. The can seem to cycle like that for weeks.

Tasha and Justice are coming on Sunday, Theresa may not be able to make it.

Steady-as-rain said...

Yes, I think visiting while ill is definitely not a good idea.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

I would love to hear from Theresa and Ben and Morgan.
love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Spring Fever has me sneezing like a banshee too. We are having an early spring and the flowering trees have just begun. Our house is on a south facing hill and we have many wild flowering fruit trees, like chokecherry, pincherry and cranberry....plus caragana and jackpine trees that have a lot of pollen too. ACHOOOOOOO.

I am glad that you are feeling some better...that bug sure takes a lot our of you doesn't it and it does keep returning off and on.

I am gearing up for the summer season, working on inventory for the bakery and restaurant...the name of our old, much loved restaurant in VB is The Moonlight Inn. It is seasonal as is the bakery.

I had a call yesterday from the East Interlake Health Authority saying three of my artwork pieces were accepted to hang in their Corporate Office. Not a sale, but an opportunity for a sale. They will be there for a year...if not sold.

So it is busy....some of my piano students are preparing for exams with the Royal Conservatory of Music.

Glad you had a good visit with Gundy your neighbour. I am sure she really appreciates it, Beth.

The piano tuner is coming and should be here momentarily, so must go. I have 9 pianos for him to tune.

Have a good day and I hope Larry can get out for a better bike ride today.

Love, Nancy

Unknown said...

HI Beth

How are you and Larry? Tried messaging you on facebook on Larry's bout of illness but i found out he is better now. I hope that everyone is fine

Anonymous said...

Glad you and dad are on the improve. Three days off for me. Trying to get the kids ready for school.
Ken

larry bennett said...

Thanks Ranu,
We do not go on face book every day and dad uses my account for some reason.
Yes we both have had a nasty bout of continues coughing especially at night.
The pills are now working and we get tired easily but doing so much better.
How are you and Lucas?
love beth

Unknown said...

we are both fine and i am glad to hear it wasnt something worse