Monday, May 25, 2015

WELL- BEING

P5210513

Well-being comes in quiet moments of relaxation.

It is healthy to allow yourself to feel calm and at peace. 
Beware of thoughts that are negative and destroy the sense of well being.
Reducing anxiety helps to reduces inflammation in our bodies.  It is also helpful for the brain.

We know that when we feel stressed we can also feel confused and sometimes even angry.

P5210474"There are risk factors that we can control and the  result is optimizing both your bodies health and your brain health.  Cognitive decline can be due to a head injury as well as inflammation caused by poor diet and poor emotional health.  It is also a normal part of growing older."

I feel stressed when I cannot remember things.
I feel stressed after a poor night's sleep.
I do not enjoy cooking but am thankful  that dad is well enough to clean up my mess.  A sense of well being returns.

I feel peaceful when I walk and enjoy my surroundings.
I feel relaxed when I read and get caught up in a good story.
Even walking in the rain is fun with Haiti.

I find it helpful talking with friends or family.  I try to be creative in my writing and I know keeping a journal has definitely been good for me.  Listening to music also.  Surely God is in this place!  This is the theme at church but also the thought we are to carry with us during our day where ever we go.

Saying a prayer and knowing that God's love surrounds me and is alive within me gives me a sense of well-being.

Dad and I enjoyed our time at church or at least I did.  After we came home and had left-overs for lunch and naps it was time to take Haiti for a walk and dad to have a bike ride. When he got home we watch the bike race in Europe.  Amazing to see how fast they can go and riding so close together.

  Well-being comes when we take moments to be thankful.  Enjoying what we can do and doing the best we can each day.

"Surely God is in this place, and I did not know it."  Genesis 28:16


No comments: