Saturday, May 23, 2015

PERSISTANCE

P5220470
Yes, Carol was persistent in wanting dad to try having his feet massaged, believing that it could help him.  I invited myself along for the fun; and it was fun.

Very skilled practitioners worked on the three of us.  I have very beautiful coloured toe-nails to make my daughters proud of me.  My hands were also treated to a beauty make-over.

Dad experienced some pain with his treatment but afterwards his feet felt a little better.  Pain is a difficult thing to cope with and after a while one believes that there is nothing to be done.

One of my brain books remind me that low expectations can mean low results.  The brain believes what you tell it.  It eavesdrops on your thoughts.  It is never to late or you are never to old to try something new!

We are never to old to try new things with enthusiasm that others may inspire in us.  My new way of looking at health issues has been the earlier one addresses a problem the better the results may be.  This is easier to tell others than to practice this myself but I am willing to learn.

Becoming apathetic about life as one ages is an easy trap to fall into.  Remembering stories from our past and the emotions that we have experienced and our achievements are vital to renewing us and giving us an awareness that we must keep on trying to do all we can every moment of every day.

P5220472After our amazing rejuvenations we drove to see the plot of land where Carol and Panteli are growing their own fresh vegetables.  There are many little plots all looking so well cared for.  This little garden is close enough to where they live that they can ride their bikes down to help it grow.  It needs lots of water right now and sunshine to help it grow.

Panteli guess we would head back to eat out for lunch so he was at the restaurant before us waiting for us.  We have a new place called Mario's and they have good gluten-free food as well as good fish and chips for dad.

Another happy day finished off by taking Haiti for a walk over to Wade Park.  And yes another hockey game.  The team that is persistent and never gives up will be the one that wins!


2 comments:

Sandra said...

That was my problem with my latest class, I had low expectations and I lived up to them.

Anonymous said...

What? You got an -A?

Ihope Dad goes back on Monday. Maybe Panteli will go with him this time.