Saturday, May 2, 2015

THE COUGH MONSTER

P4300439I love to see the color purple appearing in my garden.  It is so full of plants one can hardly see the weeds.

Dad is still very tired and the "cough monster" as I call him is still hanging on.  He is very tired and the rest is healing for him as well as pills and prayer!  He said for the first time yesterday he feels a bit better.  That sure was good news.

Just as important as the words we say when we pray is the faith and hope that under girds our prayer.
"One purpose is to lift and carry us out of the narrow scope that is ourselves,"

"There was a serious drought in a community of  Midwest farmers. the church knowing how urgent was their need called a prayer meeting.  The people came slowly and empty of faith and full of discouragement,
P4300442As the minister looked out at their sad and anxious  face he too felt hopeless.  Then his eyes took note of an eleven year old girl sitting in the front row, her face beaming with excitement and next to her ready for use was a bright red umbrella.
The beauty and innocence of the young girl made the pastor smile as he realized the faith she possessed.  Certainly no one else had brought an umbrella."

I take Haiti for two walks, a long one in the morning and shorter in the afternoon.  I phone Tavia to tell her it would be better for her to visit another week.  Dad makes the bed and clears up the kitchen which is a big help.  I do cleaning and shopping and cut the lawn.  I prepare the food from the deli. and dad is always easy to please.  I also did a lot of resting in between.


I think the cough monster is chasing after me
but I am not going to let it get me!

Dad looks tired as we talk together so I tell him to go back to bed as I am quite good at talking to myself!  He is still coughing a lot at night.

"Give thanks for the unknown blessings on their way."  Native American saying.



3 comments:

Sandra said...

Well, I hope you are taking your own advise and resting so your body can fend off the attack of the cough monster.

Your garden is way ahead of mine, but then again, I do not have many flowering perennials yet, still have been working on building the beds up.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes, I am taking it real easy today. I was thinking nice it was that dad had not started bugging me to go to the clinic, yeh so then this morning he did.

At this point I have a miserable cold.

Your garden will turn out beautiful I know. I am just ignoring mine right now.

Dad feels frustrated this morning wanting to get better faster. Maybe we will go to our own doctors on Monday since they are in the same clinic.

Beautiful sunny day!

Short walk with Haiti.

love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

Glad to hear Dad's cough is moderating a little. It is terrible to have a cough that stops you from even resting! I hate that!

bye for now,

Rick