Friday, May 15, 2015

ADVENTURE

P5120462
“Because whenever you start the spiritual journey, the whole of humanity, and perhaps creation, goes along and shares the journey with you.”   -Thomas Keating

There are many reasons that we lose the joy and enthusiasm of life in life as we get older and start our last journey.  I go back visiting and as I talk to the friends I have made there I realize that for some like Jim there is fear and anger, for others it is boredom and loneliness.  The happiest ones are the ones that help others and attend the activities when they are able to.

Our aging years have their  challenges as we deal with aches and pains and feelings of uselessness.

"We now have time to explore the inner vistas that have always been within, available to us, often we just did not have the time to explore them in any depth while we were immersed in the busy-ness of our lives."

Every day is a day that comes only once and I have the choice to enjoy the moments that continue to create memories. 

"Aging can offer us the time to deliberately reorient ourselves towards the inner life, a more reliable refuge than anything the world can offer."  -The Grace In Aging  by K. D. Singh

I feel younger when I go visiting and so thankful that I can do it and am so appreciated.  My friend the little nun passed away and I will miss her sweet spirit and even Jim misses her as he told me right away that she had died.

Life is about learning and caring and sharing!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

A very long wait ahead for Haiti. I called yesterday after my class to see about dropping by but you must have been out visiting.

How are you and dad today?

I have to do some work work today but then I can relax and enjoy the long weekend.

beth bennett said...

Dad was sitting outside and never answers the phone and Yes I was visiting.

What a relief to have your exam over. Carol and Panteli are coming over about 3 to help in the yard.

We are much better but very low in energy. I had a good walk with Haiti but feel too tired to do much in or out of the house.

It will take time too!

Enjoy your week-end!

love mom