Wednesday, May 20, 2015

TREASURES

P5180475P5180473
Dad and I were impressed at all the effort that Sandra put into finding and framing this picture.  I like it too.  Great job you accomplished!

 
Spiritually there are people who are more open to dreams and visions seeing into the future.  Gratitude is one of the gifts that helps open our eves to see beyond our daily lives.
Finding something that will be a treasure for ever is wonderful.  


"There was a very wealthy landowner who riding his estate came upon an old tenant farmer, his head bowed in prayer, before he ate his simple lunch.  If that were my lunch  the landowner said “I would not feel like giving thanks.  The tenant told him that he had had a dream that the richest man in the valley will die tonight.
The landowner immediately phoned his doctor who came and checked him over and declared he was healthy.  Just when he finished there was a knock at the door and the messenger announced the old tenant had died that night."  So true that simple treasures can be such a blessing.

Dad and I treasure doing little things around here as we slowly get more energy. We both cut the lawn and trim the tree and clean up.  Then we both read and had naps.  I had to finish my book before going to the library.  Last night it was hockey and feet soaking.

So thankful Theresa's car that was stolen was found.  A very terrible experience.  

Dad's feet a little worse but I am sure a massage will help on Friday.  I had two walks with Haiti and she had a ride in the car to the library with us.  She enjoyed that.  I will try and visit either Mary or Gundy today. 

We are treasuring these sunny warm days that feel like summer!       

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I guess I should just change where I sit, maybe a different view would make me more appreciative of my house.

Very short work week for me, just two days then off to Edmonton tomorrow.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes that would be helpful; we all like our privacy.

We have had to adjust in our kitchen where our neighbors can look right in. But are they?

And how often?

Have a happy but busy time in Edmonton. Your children are very blessed to have you and Randy as parents and also good painters!

Love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

Simple treasures are the only true treasures, I agree.

Love,

Rick