Sunday, May 17, 2015

EARLY START

I had just made my coffee when Haiti starts barking like she is really afraid as the paper girl pushes the newspapers through the slot.  I rush to try and stop her but she  before pays Haiti no mind and is away to the next house with great efficiency.
P5160458
The orange cat is having a drink but this is one mean cat so we hurry right past.  Haiti has a visit with a dog at the park and a run so that is great.

When I get home dad is watching hockey Canada against the
P5160480
Europeans.  Canada won.  I hurried dad up to drive in to Carol and Panteli's place where, even though they were home late, they were all up.  The early morning sun shines in and wakes up all the sleepy eyes.

Oliver looks happy and handsome and we share a cup of coffee.

P5160488P5160482
  He shows dad and I the place he stayed in Mexico and the huge waves he tackled and some he wisely stay away from.  An exciting adventure that is for sure.

For day this is the miracle of the moment as he woke up feeling like he had some energy.  Pain does limit us but we are thankful for the things we can do as we make choices for our day.
After an amazing pncake breakfast we drive to Langley to Ben's soccer game.
P5160492P5160493

I do my best to take pictures but the action is so fast it is difficult.  Ben plays a excellent game but there where only 5 shots on goal.
P5160501
P5160502
We are reminded how important our family is and also that we still have an influence over their lives just by making an effort to be with them.

I hope that they will remember how important each one of them is to us both and how it blesses us to hear about what they are doing.

Yes, Sandra, dad and I are accepting invitations unless we find yesterday was a bit too much.

I hope to go to church and to Ben's soccer and hopefully see Morgan who had a birthday party to go to yesterday.  We are taking it a day at a time.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Drat, lost another comment.

After the busy day you had yesterday we will give you a break and plan on coming over tomorrow.

I may go out to the nursery today, but experience has taught me house sitters often do not make the best plant sitters so probably will wait until I get back to do the real adding to my garden.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Computers are so annoying. I lost my whole blog yesterday.
I am not sure what dad is able to do today. I would like to go to church and to soccer!
Love mom.

nancy-Lou said...

Haiti is a good guard dog....just doing her job! We had a very large black bear sitting right under out living room window, with Carl just three feet inside sitting in his chair. BUT we were not worried...we have lived with them for many years now. We respect each other...mind our own business and get along well. We didn't alert the dogs that the bear was here...so he just continued to eat bird seeds sitting on his rump with his feet in the air and Carl remained sitting in his chair. Our windows are low...just two feet off the floor so they both ahd a good look a each other. no problems!
Luckily the dogs were upstairs with me...no barking.

Lovely family pics..of that handsome fellow Oliver and the equally handsome Grandpa Larry. haha Orange cats can be pretty feisty. hmmm an instance of an e before an i without a C. Doesn't happen often does it?

There is no snow yet...but the rain is looking like sleet now..oh oh! Glad we can stay home and watch hockey. The European Championship and The Ducks against Chicago.....The Ducks beat our Winnipeg Jets so Chicago rules!

So glad you have family to keep you active with soccer and breakfasts and lunches...I cannot imagine how lonely it must be for people who never had children..especially when we get old.

Have a wonderful Sunday,

Love, Nancy

Steady-as-rain said...

I should bring a fake orange cat with me when I visit then Hati won't bark at me. :)

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

we have a nasty orange cat on our street. Jasmine calls it menga cat??? it chased Jasmine down the street. I just laughed as she ran screaming with this cat chasing her( BAD DAD ) . Jasmine sang a song at assembly this morning, 5 little ducks , and surprise all the ducks came back ???
Ken

beth bennett said...

Lots of stories about orange cats.

They do have a mean look about them.

I am glad all the ducks came back!

Ken and Melina thanks again for my lovely flowers they are still looking good.

love mom