Monday, May 18, 2015

COMMUNICATIONS

P5170458
It is very hard to communicate how big these trees really are.  I was amazed when we first moved here and still am.

I went to look for my pills for cholesterol-lowering medicine wondering what safe place I had put them.  I did not want to start them until my chest cold was cleared up.  I gave up looking and went to get something out of the frig. and there was the unfilled prescription.    According to the pharmacy this should be accompanied with a healthy life-style.  That is easier when Kim is around.

Dad woke up with a bit of a cough and sore feet.  Not surprising as he probably over-did it on Saturday.  We did not go to the early morning soccer and I did go to church.

I like the new minister Kimiko Karpoff.  She speaks of the mystery made known in the ordinary like the bread and the wine.

One of the prayers of assurance:
In the mystery of my hungers, in the silence of my rooms,
in the cloud of my unknowing, you are there.
In the empty cave of grieving, in the desert of my dreams
in the tunnel of my sorrow, you are there.
You are there and you are here and everywhere.

We yearn to be filled with the over-flowing presence sharing the sacredness of the spirit within each one of us.  We  share that spirit when we serve those who are hungry and needy by our actions and caring.  We also serve with words and with music and with art.  I love going for a walk with my camera and with Haiti!

Sunday turned into a perfect day just to enjoy.

I believe that Jesus was a great communicator by his life-style, his words and his healing presence.

 He treated all people equally and yet was not afraid to confront the evil in the religious beliefs of that day.

The more we communicate with each other the stronger our relationships will grow.  The tricky part is how to share and when to share and communicate our faith.  Love your neighbor as yourself is a good start.

Ben's game will be at noon today so I will go with Carol if dad decides not to go.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Maybe I will come to the soccer game too. I can't remember if any of our folding chairs survived the move

Sandra said...

Maybe I will come to the soccer game too. I can't remember if any of our folding chairs survived the move

nancy-Lou said...

I have to admit there has been times when the prayer of assurance was doubtful to me. My faith was shaken with some challenging events in our life, but I am finding my way back.A Lovely prayer and one I have saved to my Beth's prayers folder. Thank-you.

We had a furious storm yesterday, one that really has been unbelievable for May 17th. We had 3 inches of rain followed by freezing ice and then about 10 cms of snow. Trees blew down, new leaves were torn off, the power went out multiple times and the wind was 90 kms...it howled all night. We had a large maple tree split in half and coe down...the smaller branches touching the windows of our sunroom and blocking our dogs ramp...I had to go our in the storm and using the tree loppers cut it back. Our son is coming today with the chain saw to cut it up. We are OK, but it gave some cottagers a May long weekend to remember. It is going to -6 tonight which will kill many of the wild flowering fruit tree buds and blueberries too. Also some perennial plants. Such a shame. I am sure the hummingbirds perished too.

The deer just came and they are soaked right through...these are bucks and they looks so cute with their velvety antlers starting to grow. They are so cute, but destructive.

Have a good day,

Love, Nancy