Saturday, May 9, 2015

FREEDOM

P5070474
Dad and I had a wonderful  drive into Ladner on Thursday.

I phone the Seniors home to see how Jim was doing and asked them to tell him I would not be in because I had a nasty cold.

Both dad and I were amazed at how well we felt and even the cough monster seemed to leave us alone.  We ended up at Sharkey's for fish and chips sitting outside on a beautiful afternoon was so enjoyable.  Then we drove through the little town where a movie was being shot.  Another day we could join the line and become extras.

Dad's cough started when we got home and it was a terrible night of coughing and trying to get his breath. so we were not free of the monster like we had begun to believe.

Dad and I both went to the doctor.  Dad likes the lady at the walk-in.  He is on stronger drugs and an inhaler.

 I just have to use the inhaler.  I had a relaxed visit at my doctor so that was healing in itself.

Good there is more hokey to-night. Cheering for Calgary of course. Hope dad will be better by Sunday.

Cameron phoned to say he got his birthday card, a little early but that was okay he said.  He and Shandel may come in July.  Yeah

It is so sad to see families trying to flee Labia  on junky boats risking their lives and their futures in hopes of freedom. 

I am again reminded how precious freedom is in our country.

A better night!  A better day ahead!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of Carol's old high school friends saw you at Sharkey's and got in touch with her via Facebook. Carol is picking up Morgan this morning at Port Kells at 8:00 am, so they might drop by your place in the morning on their way to our house. Organ is going to help us plant flowers at our house and then herbs in our garden plot at Earthwise Farms. Maybe see you Sunday. I'm still rootin for Montreal! xo Panteli

Sandra said...

Not all may come, they are coming for sure. Shandel and Cameron will be here in July, in time for yours and Shandels birthday even.

Good to hear you had a nice visit with Dr Notle and that dad even went back to the walk in.

I was over by you at the dentist yesterday but did not stop in as I wanted to get home in time to surprise Randy with a barbque.

It has been so long since we have eaten bread that I do not even walk down the bread isle any more. He got home and I had the hambagurs all ready...except I forgot to buy buns.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

T%hat must have been a wonderful treat, to get out of the house and go for a drive after all the long days of sickness.

The videos of people fleeing from Libya just break your heart, don't they? It is a country with so much wealth, yet so much tyranny. Quite a few of the doctors who come to the clinic in Pine Falls are Libyan and one told me that when he looked out a the desert at night all he could see were lights. I asked why? He replied, oil wells. OUr son, Bob, has a different Libyan doctor and he told Bob, we are almost cousins!
Lebanon is not far away. They get along like a house on fire! haha

Today is going to be so much fun! This afternoon one of my favourite students is coming for her hour piano lesson and then her two hour art lesson. My good friend, Susan, is coming to paint with us too. I am hoping it will be warm enough to paint in the sunroom. It was -3 this morning and the bird's water dish was frozen.

I hope you and Larry have another fun day too with the "cough monster" gone.

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Dad is not free of his cough and is on stronger medications.
I had to go over to the Safeway three times for the prescription to be filled.
Do I stay and wait 25 minutes or go back home.
My cough is a baby one but I still try to keep away from other people because I feel like a germ!
What fun you are having Nancy. It is great we live in a country where there is freedom to be creative. That was my thought when I started writing but. . .
So Sandra get use to having hamburgers without the bun probably better for you.
Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Is Sandra Celiac too? Gosh I hope not...it is such a difficult diet.

Anonymous said...

I see the weather forecasters is HOT for Vancouver. That must be nice . Cold wet with showers here . Watching the hockey. , I think Montreal still has a chance. Calgary on borrowed time! Mother's Day here . Melina got her gifts and brekky in bed . Nice day to stay warm and snuggle in bed as another shower passes overhead.
Ken

Sandra said...

no nancy-lou, Randy and I have just been on a diet to lose weight and avoiding bread.

beth bennett said...

They are such a strict diet I am amazed at how they are doing. They are both losing weight and pleased about that. I think Sandra went on it to join Randy in doing what his doctor ordered.

I am trying to eat brain healthy food but still crave sugar. Maybe I will gradually improve that too but not yet. At least I can eat good veggies because I like that.
I am routing for Calgary still. Exciting games. Those crowds sure make a lot of noise and must help create energy and excitement.