Thursday, May 28, 2015

UNEXPERIENCED LIFE



A hard day trying to get my picture on, both dad and  working on it, and I ended up with the wrong one.  The day has not gone well except I did clean out the laundry room and then made a mess of the kitchen.  Into this mess came Pat and John for a visit.  Old friends understand and know making a mess is just human.  Dad cleaned up the mess after they left.

If, as Ram Dass, has suggested, life is the ultimate spiritual teacher, we cannot learn unless we attend school.  This means being touched by life and to learn from experience.

Dad did not get his blood test done as the line was out the door and down the street with everyone who had been fasting trying to get their early.  To-morrow he will be there early.

My plans did not work out either.  The clothes that  washed were too smelling (dad hates smelling soap but he bought it) so will have to be done all over again after I buy some new soap.  I started to bake but did not have enough of the right flour.  I planned to hop over to the door but was not successful with that either.

Before I realized it, it was time for me to walk with Haiti, too bad she cannot go in the store.

Today is visiting day!

What are you experiencing in your life right now?  Success, health, friends, cold weather or sunny, friends or family, worries or contentment?  Doctors or dentists?  Art or work?

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Anticipation. What do I have to do to get ready for everyone in 4 weeks.

I have to get going on my garden, almost June and the annuals still not planted!

Randy is still in pain, but hopefully tomorrow things will start to get better for him.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Don't you find making gluten free baking a royal pain? There are so many different flours and strange ingredients and they are very expensive to buy. I bought all the things needed to make gluten free bread in my bread maker and the bread tasted awful....YUK. I gave it to the crows. I will try a different recipe. I haven't found anything that is gluten free that tastes good except for the Dankens biscuit mix, which taste like scones.

Yesterday was an off day for me too. I am having a flare of arthritis and finding it hard to move around. I think I worked to hard in the garden the last few days.
The good thing is..... I can sit still and paint so will work in the studio on a Victoria Beach painting of sailboat bay. An acrylic.

The Whippoorwill is back singing his beautiful evening song and so is the Catbird.....such a treat to sit outdoors and listen to them. Memories to treasure.


I hope Larry gets in quickly for his blood test this morning and I hope you both have a much better day.

Love, Nancy

nancy-Lou said...

I forgot to say what a beautiful photo of the cascades of pink and red petunias. I was trying to figure out how they hung all those baskets! Cheers the heart, doesn't it Beth?

Love
Nancy