Friday, May 29, 2015

FRIENDS

Man's best friend
We are becoming just like all those other people who take a million pictures of their animals.  It is hard  to see who is the happiest, in this picture.  Dad or Haiti.  There is a lot we can learn from dogs especially as we try to teach them obedience.  They are naturally loyal and respond to encouraging words. They are always happy to see us! 
 
Dad did not get his blood test but plans to go in to a placer near the massage area and do both at the same time.  Carol will be meeting him there.  He had a painful day while I was at the Seniors Home doing some shopping.  A lot of finding parking and walking to the stores and in them.
 
My trip did not seem really worth while, but you never know. Jim was feeling extremely low and did not want a visit at all which is understandable as his life looks pretty with his daughter gone missing.  My other visits were also short.  At the end of the day one is always thankful is you have lived from the heart.
 
I am also grateful for my many friends who have helped me through difficult times.  Nancy you are one of my good friends too! !
 
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Isn't it wonderful, in these days of instant everything, that we can converse through your blog and become good friends, without having met each other in person? Wouldn't it be amazing to meet in person? I wish we could make another trip out to VI and stop in for a visit on our way. You are a very special friend to me Beth and I eagerly look forward to reading your daily blog.
You have helped in a big way, to renew my faith, through your spiritual writings and prayers. You " shine the light" for many! Thank-you, my friend.

What a lovely picture of two of the most favourite things in your life.....Larry and Haiti. They both do look very happy to be out for a walk in the park. Dogs have an amazing ability to bring us such happiness....and I find them so empathetic too. Max, in particular feels everything I do and always is there to comfort me, if need be. No words are necessary. He is a Schnoodle breed along with his sister, Bella. Max is much like the Schnauzers, extremeley loving and has a high pitched squeal of happiness that only Schnausers have. Bella his sister is much like a poodle, very inquisitive, fast moving and intelligent. Loving too....she is golden in colour with curly fur and Max is silver grey. He has a golden musctache and touches of gold on the ends of his fur. Bella has silver on her ears and mustache....and on the tips of her fur...they are very bonded together and love to go for walks too.

Sorry to hear Larry's feet are so painful. Does he have arthritis in them? Perhaps Diabetes? Gosh when you have to use your feet to walk it would be so painful wouldn't it? I hope the massages help.

We have the threat of frost tonight so I brought in all my houseplants and need to bring in the rest of the garden plants. I haven't planted any tender things yet....but will this weekend once it warms up again. It is a good thing my seeds are not up yet!

Sorry to hear Jim is in such a bad way. I didn't know his daughter was missing. That would be depressing for him along with all his health problems.

I wish you and Larry a good day today with a great walk with Haiti,

Love, nancy


Sandra said...

The pool is up over 76 now, so if you want to stop by for a swim you are more than welcome.

Have to do some work now but am looking forward to the weekend.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Thanks Nancy,
Larry has peripheral neuropathy with the cause unknown but causes pain and numbness, burning and loss of feeling. Also a sharp, jabbing electric-like pain.
Doctors have not been helpful so the best you can do is find out all about it and find what helps you.
Carol and Sandra are also developing it. Certain kinds can be inherited. It is called Charcot-Marie-tooth syndrome or CMT.

Very difficult to live with but Larry copes with pain amazingly well better than I would.

love beth

Anonymous said...

I was up all night coughing. Strange how I cought your cold on the other side of the world. I stayed home from work today. Being Saturday I will lose heaps of money. I hope to make it in to work tomorrow. 3:30 am start.
Ken

Steady-as-rain said...

Good photograph of Dad and the dog.

I am trying (yet again) to get Christopher to go the dentist.

Love,

Rick