Monday, April 13, 2015

WONDER

DSCN5931
The wind has blown most of the blossoms off our cherry trees and I walk on a path of blossoms when I go for my walk.  It also tries to blow me away.  It is a wonder my feet stay on the ground!
DSCN5937
There are many other flowers, so colorful and happy.  They wave as the wind blows on them too.

DSCN5944
Tiny buds of green are starting to show.  Growth is everywhere.
All these are signs of hope.

"When I feel threatened or believe myself to be a failure, give me the courage, Lord, to enter my still center, the place of buried treasure, and sunshine and beauty and solitude, where you are Lord, and where it no longer matters who approves of me or how successful I am, because You are there and in your Presence I rediscover the confidence to be me."
written by  -Angela Ashwin

Children help us see the world with new eyes of wonder.  We all have the ability to see and to explore all that is around us.  Children help us as they model learning with each new thing they are able to do.  Each new day is full of possibilities if I open myself to them.

I am thankful that I can go for walks and enjoy all that I see and breathe in the freshness of the air and the miracle of love and new hope.  I have learned to trust in all that I believe, not that I know for certain, but I put my faith in the love that has created and is still creating me and the world around me.

Faith can be defined as the ability to trust our beliefs, even without proof.  Victor Frankl, a survivor of a Nazi death camp, said that that the most important thing that keep a survivor alive was faith, and this would give our lives meaning beyond what we can see or understand.

"He has made everything beautiful in its time."   Ecc. 3"11

Sad news from my  brother who phoned to say his wife's breast cancer has returned.  Traudl  has an appointment on Wed. to decide how to proceed.  He asked me to pray.   It is hard to pray for yourself or loved ones at these times so the prayers of others is important.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a happy walk. Every walk - even if it's along the same path is never the same. Always something new to experience. :) Carol

beth bennett said...

Very thoughtful comment.
Thanks Carol.
love mom