Saturday, April 4, 2015

THE FENCE

DSCN5820
This part of the fence does not look too bad but it is falling apart.  A year earlier I had been talking to another neighbor named T.J. and he had remembered and came over to check if we needed some help.  This was a nice surprise because we have been talking about it but the quotes we were getting were very high.

DSCN5821Next I talked to the neighbor on the other side of the fence and they agreed they wanted it fixed too.  So I guess we cannot sit on the fence any longer it is time to accept some help and make it happen.

Also talked to Sandra and Mary and Simone on the phone and they all sounded happy.

Today dad and I are going to Ben's soccer game which is in Delta but first I will walk down and have a visit with Gundy.

Sunday there will be church then lunch at Carol and Panteli's.


  Saturday,  before the joy of  Easter,  can be experienced as a day of questioning.

 Why is there so much suffering in the world?

Why do people who do not go to church still believe in prayer and find it a comfort when you say you are praying for them?

Why do we choose spirituality over religion when both require an openness and a spirit of awe and gratitude?  They are actually woven into each other.  For me one is not complete.

Stories help us find truth.  Stories of faith and love and forgiveness

"How can I find God"?  a disciple asks his master.  "What is the secret.

There is no secret.  The truth you seek is not hidden from you-you are hiding from it
. -Rabi Yerachmiel

The disciples went into hiding not wanting to face the hard truth of suffering and afraid of persecution.  Huddles in the secrecy of darkness hearts full of fear and forgetting all they had learned from the voice of Jesus.  "Do not be afraid for I am with you."

We can put a fence around our yard but not around our hearts.


9 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

How about no fence? Then the raccoons can scamper around easier from yard to yard.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Yes that would be good for a laugh!
But right now we need a fence because of Haiti.
love mom

Anonymous said...

Hoppy Easter.
The tooth fairy woke me up as she bumped into the Easter bunny. Just as well as the cancks game started at 6am today. Should be nice today 21C.
Ken

nancy-Lou said...

Guess who won the hockey game? It sure was exciting! Our son, Mark was at the game. We are hoping that the jets will make the playoffs....we like Vancouver too!

Yes, it is a time of contemplation, with Good Friday behind us now and the wonders of Easter Day awaiting us. I love the Easter Hymns...with the Alleluia's. Sometimes when we are singing them I can hear Carl's aunt Freda singing with her beautiful high voice...she has been dead for years now...but her spirit is definitely there.


I had a message from our minister, Judy reminding me to bring the easel for the children's painting and to make sure I brought Carl too! I told her I thought he was going to come. Gosh the ceiling might fall down...haha!

We had another good walk today....but I forgot to put on Bella's harness and she chokes herself by pulling so we had to turn around sooner than I liked to. It is -12 with a strong wind and it was cold walking. fresh

It is nice that your neighbours want to help with the fence...especially with the expenses, but maybe with the actual building too?

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Happy Easter to all the Bennett's down under. An exciting day for children.
Dad and I will enjoy being with the family

love mom

Sandra said...

Sebastien is here! He came by c section at about 6:15 am. 7lbs 13 oz

Sandra said...

Sebastien is here! He came by c section at about 6:15 am. 7lbs 13 oz

beth bennett said...

I said to dad and I thought he would come yesterday.
What a special thrilling Easter. I am so happy for you all.
Praying for Mary and precious little Sebaston.
Love to all. I am so happy.
love mom

Anonymous said...

congrats Mary and MJ...dr lawyer or hockey player????
ken