Saturday, June 25, 2016

ADVENTUROUS

This is Haiti on her rug at Carol and Panteli's.

She looking up out the window for any squirrels that may go flying by.
She gets so excited so can jump over the gate.
We do miss her but she will be visiting now and then.

What an amazing venturous family I have!

They are always going new places and trying new things.

Theresa is amazing driving Ben to the U. S.to play two games of soccer.  Having great supportive parents is such a great help.  His world is very much wrapped up in soccer now.

Dad and I have had our times, especially dad with his flying adventures and trips to South America to build houses and help dig ditches.  He had lots of experience from our first home where a big ditch taller than him was dug for the water to run through.

Yesterday we both went to the Home but found people their feeling low.  I blame the cold dull weather.
Stan dad's friend is failing fast with his lung cancer.  Kindness and compassion are what we over to him.  He like several others are missing the presence of family members and in lots of ways this defines our happiness or misery.
I try to bring some new thoughts into their minds knowing how vulnerable
they are.

It is our connection with others that I hope helps them but also adds meaning to my life.

Dad and are  becoming more aware of our own aging but are so thankful for our amazing family.

I am writing some little notes to Morgan to be put in a birthday book Panteli has purchased.  I am remembering some special times with Morgan.  Like playing games and hiding things and having picnics and walks in the Water Shed Park.  She had a fall there and a nice man gave us a band aid
and now dad carries one in his hat.

"What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness."    - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

"My adventures have taken me on a spiritual path where I am learning to be kind and caring, compassionate and loving one small step at a time.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes we are back from our trip to Vancouver island to visit my cousins and Jack and Elaine Hooper. It was a great trip inspite of the fact that my cousin Bob 93 had a heart operation the day we arrived he came through marvalously and is recovering back at his assisted living care home where he and his wife have lived for the last 5 years Way to go Bob! Jack hooper is pretty frail and was not expected to live a year or so ago when he had internal cancer but he is still hanging in there even after 2 strokes last year he is out walking with his nordic poles. he and Elaine have built the most gorgeous house and elaine has made a lovely wild looking English garden, she is as lovely as ever and just sparkles with life in contrast to jack who dresses horribly in faded old jeans and grubby looking check shirts.l do love them both dearly.l have a slipped disc due to coughing but i am dozing the cough with whiskey and lemon and it seems to be working at least l feel better anyway! l am going to Lorrie Gibbsons memorial service today she is the shamon who looked after PEARL DURING HER LAST YEASRS AT HOME . should be an interesting service in the native tradition. talk to you soon beth Love Jane.

beth bennett said...

Jane and Geof
You are amazing and so good at visiting.
Enjoyed going to church today.
love beth

craig decraene said...

Hi, nice blog post

Sandra said...

I think I have been reading but just not posting. Plus I was quite depressed yesterday thinking I was going to be turned down for my Nexus because the american lady was mean to me. Plus started physio for my arm that is just getting worse instead of better from Pilates.

See you Friday.

Anonymous said...

Cold and wet here. We went and saw "Finding Dory" last night. Kids are enjoying not going to school. These are the worst school holidays as it's generally cold and wet. Good time to fly up north for some warmer weather. I have holidays in September ,October and we may go away then.
Ken

nancy-Lou said...

I find those nursing homes so depressing...the poor folks just lay in their beds and sleep. Not all, of course, there are some who participate in the goings on. Carl's cousin ( his favourite one ) is dying in one right now. So sad to see him unable to speak or move in his bed. He is refusing food now so it won't be long. He is 89. You don't see many family members visiting at all.

You and Larry are such kind and compassionate people to go visiting at the home regularly.

Carl has a distant cousin in the same home and we are going to take him out for lunch often. He is ambulatory and actually quite well. His name is Tommy Ateah. He can tell you almost every baseball statistic there every was!

Ah, that Haiti, isn't she a pretty girl? Something came in our pet door and must have jumped on our table in the dining room and starting eating a bananaa...boy Max and Bella chased it out of the house...we never got to see what it was, but I suspect it was a squirrel. I had to disinfect the table etc.

Has your weather been cool and rainy lately? We have had hot and humid weather here....but today a cold front went through and the temperature is only 12C. Nice and refreshing.

I have 20 paintings framed up for the show, which opens June 30th, Thursday. I need 14 more and will have to scrounge up some more frames. I bought quite a few new ones already. It has been a lot of work, but I am very excited. The exhibition will be a month long. There is going to be wine and cheese at the opening reception and a harpist...wow. I cannot believe what they are doing for me....I am so lucky!

Well off to do the dishes..our dishwasher broke about two years ago and you know what? We don't miss it at all! I rather like doing dishes by hand! Now if my washing machine was broken you would hear the kivitching!

Have a nice evening,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Kivitiching

I think I do some of that Nancy.

Our dishwasher is not working so I am happy dad likes to do the dishes.

Ken how is Melina?

Nice comments Craig.

Love to all.