Friday, June 3, 2016

CONTROL

Have you ever wondered just who is in control
of this crazy world?

Nothing went right yesterday.  I kept telling
myself that I am fortunate that most of my problems are fixable not like those with no homes and no jobs and an uncertain future.

Why is it that when you are extra tired everything seems to take an extra effort.

Haiti has decided she would like to run around our neighbor hood and twice has escaped and yesterday dad and Kim were out looking for her because I did not close the gate tight.

Dad has started work putting down some rolled up grass and filling in holes.  Haiti is in the other corner of the yard digging as fast as she can.

The racoons are getting drunk on the cherries and messing up my flowers.

It was worse again this morning.

I find that not only physically my spirits are low but also spiritually.

Maybe I need to attend an A.A. meeting to strengthen my connection to a higher power.

Right now my lower power is in control and I need all the help I can get.

I find myself questioning a lot of things.

I know that each one of us carries our own questions for which there seems no answer.

Lord when I panic, whether it is looking for a lost dog, or just the feeling I am losing it remind me that all problems cannot be fixed but there are always lessons to be learned.
Be with me Lord is my prayer for today.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try the little book" Jesus calling" it helps me when suffering from low battery. May the love of God and the Peace of Christ surround you . Jane.

Anonymous said...

Carol and I are driving to Chilliwack and going to Morgan's Fun Fair tomight. Then she has a sleepover tonight, and on satuirday after Ben's soccer pracctise we bring Ben and Morgan home with us so Theresa can get ready for the young people's birthday party for Kim. On Sunday, everyone comes to our house for a birthday barbecue. We think that Oliver is coming in tonight, but he will be staying with his friends till Sunday. xo
Panteli

nancy-Lou said...

Awe, Beth, I just hate those darned days too and we all have them! Don't be so hard on yourself, we all make mistakes...many of us won't even admit that we do and here you are feeling so badly about it!
It all worked out ok in the end....maybe not for the drunk racoons...and the cherries! You sure made me laugh.
You need to watch those racoons, they can be a formidable opponent when frightened. I know of a dog who had his eye scratched out by one.

I got the lesion taken off my nose today and it was easy as pie. Very little discomfort.
It is cancer, but probably basal cell. They sent it away to a lab to see what kind and will let me know.
It isn't sore, but itchy. We left at 8am and got home about 3:30....pretty tired tonight.

It sounds like one grand birthday party for Sunday for Kim and Oliver. A BBQ is perfect. I wish everyone a wonderful time.

Love, Nancy


nancy-Lou said...

Loved your little prayer....

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Puppy school for Maloo today. He had a bath as he was covered in mud. We are getting a good drop of rain. Brisbane is expecting 250mm in two hours today.
I want to put grass in were the pool was , but the dogs would just rip it up.
Ken

Sandra said...

Hmm, how did I miss a day. I guess Hati is out looking for the raccoons, following a trail of cherry pits.

Hope today is better.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

I always find watching Heartbeat picks me up a little when things go wrong.

I've never heard the expression "lower power" before.

I am still reading that book you gave me many years ago What Did Jesus Really Say, and that other one The Four Witnesses.

Unfortunately, I won't be coming down to the Vancouver area for the combined birthday party at Carol and Pantali's place. Sure I will miss some fun but I just feel a bit tired at this time of year as I tend to be working over-time at the office and I just often want to stay home on the weekends.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Sandra I missed a day not you.

Rick hope you get rested up.

It will be a fun time for sure.

Love mom