Monday, June 20, 2016

DAY BY DAY

I am trying to find pictures of Matthew and Jasmine.
These are from several years ago.

Fathers Randy and dad sit with daughter Mandy and granddaughter Leah.
Kim has had a swim and enjoys the sunshine with Panteli

Another great party with a huge amount of food.
and telling of jokes.

Yes, dads are very important!

Some lines from dad`s cards.
You are so important to our family because of who you are
and all you do
Hope today you feel all the love you give every day
come back to you. 

A dad is a daughter`s best example.
He taught me that family comes first
Anything worth having is worth working for
and how important it is to come through for the people
who count on you.

I have been so blessed to have you for a father`
always there to help me
so smart and such good advice
a wonderful role model teaching me to be open minded and kind to others.
and a good story teller.

Words help us as we live day by day in the love of our family.

"Spiritual guidance is unique,  for each one of us it is different"
just as the guidance we had for each one of our children was unique.


5 comments:

Sandra said...

Having quotes does make your writing easier some days. Kimberly and I were discussing birthday cards, she does not like them, but I do. And as parents we are always teaching our children, even when we do not think we are, so I think the majority of what was in dads card was true. It is always hard to find the perfect card, but I like to try!
Oh, which reminds me. I just finally threw out the 20 or so cards that I had bought for people but never gave them.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes having quotes does help as I am a little burnt out.

I like looking at cards and finding the right one is fun.

They being back memories.

Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Aren't those two cute little kids! So sweet. Thanks for posting the photos, now I can put a face to who they are! They seem to grow up overnight don't they Beth? In a blink of an eye, they are adults with their own families and we are suddenly the eldest generation.

The Father's Day party looks fabulous, with swimming pool, umbrellas, patio furniture and good folks ready for a good supper. We missed our Father's Day party this year, with Carl in the hospital, but we will have a get together on Sunday.

I was surprised to hear Carl was released from the hospital yesterday....on the 8th day after surgery. He is making a good recovery and was able to pass the therapists tests ( walking and doing a few stairs ) and the doctor said he was good to go too! His incision is healing well but still has many stitches inside so he has to be very careful. He couldn't wear the seat belt coming home...sure glad we weren't stopped by the cops! Big fine. Our sons met us at home and helped their Dad in, they had a visit and did some chores for us.

Such a relief to know I don't have to travel on the busy highway almost every day...and to know Carl survived the surgery and is doing well. It was touch and go!

Carl had an Arabic orderly to help him and did they ever get along well! Carl loves to tease and he teased him right back. He was amazing in what he did for him..even when I was there...he dressed him and helped him toileting and brought him down to the car in a wheel chair. He and his wife are going to come here for a visit. He was from Tunisia, Africa. He liked Carl's T shirt with the Ateah name written in Arabic...it means "to gift". I said I didn't know what kind of a gift Carl was..and we all laughed! So there you go Ateah family, your name means " to gift".

Well lots to do today, I wish you a wonderful day,

Love, Nancy

nancy-Lou said...

Sandra, so good to know I am not the only one who has cards they forgot to give to someone and has to toss them out too!

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Nancy that is fabulous news.

Carl did well at passing his tests.

I had to climb stairs before I came home.

Good to have your sons there too with their support and love.

Love Beth