Friday, June 17, 2016

INVITATION

Ken you sure have some nasty germs down under.  Pneumonia is nasty and very draining so I hope you make sure you stay on the meds for several times.  Sounds like you have to be tough with the doctors and demand better care,

It is tough when everyone is sick with coughing etc. 

Dad and I usually take turns being under the weather.  He is not too good today.  Not even good enough for fish and hips.

I am reading cook books to try and get inspired but not having much luck.

The reading for today from "Jesus Calling"
talked
about taking the high road being aware of God's
and also aware of our own uniqueness.

A unique design being brought to life day by day.

Linda, Mary's daughter accepted an invitation to come over for a visit.  She has had a lot of responsibility and care with her mom.  She is a very special gal that has over come a lot in her life~

Way to go Linda!

It helps me to remember that God invites us to talk to Him and share our concerns and also listen for His voice.

3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Goodness me, who has pneumonia? Ken? That is so draining on the body and it takes quite some time to recover. I hope the little children don't get it. Get well soon, Ken and family. Sending healing prayers for all.

When I was visiting Carl yesterday a Chaplain came by for a visit. A very nice young man with a drawl to his voice. I found out he was from Tennessee and was here as a missionary and met the love of his life. He was Mennonite. We had a chat for about a half hour. Carl isn't in to this "stuff" and didn't want him to say a prayer...I asked, not the Chaplain...but the Chaplain said he always prays for the patient and family anyway! He told me about the services they offer and said there is Mass every day at 11:30. I think I will go on Monday. I am Anglican, but went to Mass often with friends when I attended a Catholic school.

Carl is still in intensive care. It is day 6 today. He was up walking with a walker when I ed yesterday. Still cannot eat, very nauseous. They only give him jello, broth and coffee.
His bowel has shut down and they need to get it going again. It didn't help when he pulled out the gastric tube.

I hope Larry feels better..and you both have a good day,

Love, Nancy


Anonymous said...

Sympathy for you both Beth and Nancy. Its so hard to see our loved ones suffer . l think sometimes that is as hard for the watchers and care givers as it is for the primary patient. It is really a miserable day here today lots of low cloud and rain. we will have to go out because we are out of milk and it is a disaster for brits to be without milk for tea. Bye for now .Jane.














jane

Sandra said...

We keep leaving one season and arriving in another. Randy is off to work today, so it is jut me and the animals. I will walk the dogs, but just a short one as they cough more when they are moving around.

I am hoping the sun pops out a bit later in the day and temps some people to jump into the pool.

Sandra