Sunday, June 19, 2016

STRENGTH

                                                  Another rainy day
                                          but it turned sunny.


The scripture says in this world we only see dimly and as I put on my glasses with lots of smudges I can relate to that.

  How do my glasses get so dirty I do not understand.

Yes I see dimly!

Dad was very pleased and touched to receive your card Rick!
Thanks for the phone call and enjoy a few days rest in Toronto.

I believe Sandra and Randy are back home now after what must have been an emotional and exhausting trip.  Now they are having us all over.  Unbelievable.
The menu will be all planned but maybe a shopping trip will be necessary.

Dad has certainly made life interesting for our family.  He has always had a great sense of adventure
and his life has been in danger many times, sometimes rescuing others out a ditch or out on the water.

Dad and I plan to go to church this morning and look forward to seeing family later.

Happy Father's day to all!

"Storms make the oak grow deeper roots."  
-George Herbert

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak
Courage is what it takes to sit down and listen."
-Winston Churchill

"Cast your burden on the Lord
and He will sustain you."

Be of good courage
and He will strengthen your heart,
all you who hope in the Lord.
Psalm 31:24







3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

That is a pretty photo of the green plant with raindrops on it...lots of shades of green.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's in your family. You will be over at Sandra and Randy's celebrating about now. Have lots of fun!
I am missing Carl today, this is the first time he hasn't been home for Father's Day. But he called me about five times already! His TV wasn't working.

Yes, Larry is quite the storyteller isn't he? I enjoyed reading his stories. He sure has led a life of escapades!

I was framing up some paintings today....physically demanding, but rewarding to see them framed up. Lots more to go...but it can wait for another day!

Off to Winnipeg to see Carl and hopefully talk to his doctor. He wants to come home in the worst way....but I don't think he is ready. He is having some troubles with confusion, which they say relates to the surgery...

Have a lovely evening with family,

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day Dad . Father's Day here is in September I always forget yours. Very busy day at work with low vis and rain.
En

Sandra said...

It was nice to be home and get to see everyone. I even got some time to putter in the garden while Kimberly was chopping vegitables and was in control of things in the kitchen.

I hope you and dad have many more adventures to come, or at least pleasent days of no worries?

Sandra