Friday, June 10, 2016

BELONGINGS

Kim has been going through her cupboards to check what belongings she should take to her next home with Carol and Panteli.  She loaded up the car last night and again to-night.  It is packed to the hilt and there is hardly room for Haiti.  She is so happy even though she can hardly wag her tail.

Kim starts her new job on Sat.  She looks a little pale but excited.  She has Monday
off so she will be back here then.  It seems very quiet here.

Dad has had a busy day shopping at Canadian Tire and at the Health Food Store. 
He enjoys shopping on his own because he can make quick decisions while I am
always thing do we really need it.  I am a wet blanket!

If going to church I receive a welcoming smile and a kind word and a few hugs then I feel like I belong.  So should Dad!

God made truth with many doors to welcome every believer who knocks on them.
Kahlil Gibran

Believe those who are seeking the truth
doubt those who find it.
Andre Gide

Say nothing of my religion,
It is known to God and myself alone.
Thomas Jefferson

 

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Changes for Kim, in her abode and her work....all good! But I am sure you both will miss her. Changes are good! Good luck Kim. I am sure you will miss Haiti. You could always foster a dog for one of the shelters.

Our Granddaughter is working at a truck weigh station for the summer and she is bored...she needs to be busy and works another job as well, on the weekends. She goes back to school for the second year of engineering in late August.

A wet blanket....you are funny Beth! It sounds like you have a good balance between the two of you...one who likes to shop and one who doesn't!

Nice quotes, especially Kahil Gibran, the Lebanese poet.

Have a lovely evening,

Love, Nancy


Anonymous said...

Jasmine had a terrible night , coughing and vomiting. Melina didn't sleep well either. I had the bed all to myself as I have ear infections and went to bed early. I got antibiotics from the dr at the airport while at work yesterday. Jasmine has a dr appointment at 12:30. The kids have tomorrow off ,Monday , so I hope she will be better by Tuesday. I am on late shift this week. We have extra flights on Tuesday and Wednesday, I get home around 3am !!! Ughh .
Ken