Saturday, December 9, 2017

DREAMER

My walking friend Pat lives here.

I walked early in the morning to try out my new shoes and they are good.  I came home and found Sandra's message on my blog about tinsel being bad for animals so I walked right back to take it off the tree.  I was feeling down about the whole project when a East Indian lady came by and said how nice it was and cheered her up.  She also wished me Merry Christmas.  This made my day.

I often wished I knew what my dreams mean.

The society in which the story of Mary and Joseph takes place was patriarchal and God was called Father as well as Creator.  Joseph does not get the attention that he should in this story.  What was his re-action to Mary when she tells him she is pregnant?  It would be only human to experience anger and mistrust.  His pride and his standing in the community would be destroyed.  His heart broken and feeling rejected his first re-action would be to end their relationship.  

In a dream he is given the answer that his role was just as important as that of Mary's.  He too had been chosen and his life takes on a new purpose.

All life gives us questions especially in tough times.  For all of us there have been times of joy and times of sorrow.

He also says "yes" and he will protect Mary as well as provide for her with loving grace.
She will be the one called to have a spiritual role who needs his encouragement and protection.

Both parents are important as each has a role to play.

I expect to go to church.
Afterwards we are going to meet Panteli for lunch.
Carol was having car trouble so hope it has been fixed.

I have never dream of flying, like dad has, but I have had beautiful dreams of awesome light!

Amelia Earhart said "Everyone has oceans to fly, as long as you have the heart to do it.  Is it reckless?
But what do dreams know of boundaries?"

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Sorry to worry you. Just seen so many videos of birds and turtles and what not who have eaten bad things.

Spent the day at the mall yesterday with Randy shopping. I find it so hard because I just want to sit on the floor and cry. I hate the fact that I dont dress nice but cannot stand the thought of trying on cloths so in a catch 22.

Have my company party today.

11 more days till Stephen and Shawna get here.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Sandra I think you always look sooo good but I know what you mean.

Dad and I went to one store to buy one present and now I am the one who wants to get it and get out. He wants to look around and I am just too exhausted.

I was glad you mentioned about the icicles.

I will miss being with you all but you will have a great time.

We are very proud and thankful for our beautiful daughter!

Love you, mom