Wednesday, December 6, 2017

OVERCOMERS

Healing prayers for Ken who is now sick in bed with the flu with a temperature, sore throat and ear ache.  It is time they all beat these nasty bugs and become over comers too!

A fun group of friends who have overcome many difficult times.  I did not notice the closet door was open but it signifies  the openness of Ev and her wonderful hospitality.  While I was at lunch dad put some outside lights on the front bushes.  It is good when he has a project but his feet are sore to-night.

It was foggy when I delivered these flowers to our church secretary in appreciation of all she does.  A lady of many talents.  By the time I arrived the sun was coming out and the fog lifted.  We are an active group (except for me) in that they help with putting on teas and bake sales and craft fairs.  I did not make any of the above for different reasons, but I do try to attend meetings and keep in touch with a phone call.

At this time one has had a lung cancer operation and another is facing breast cancer and another heart surgery.  They will be overcomers with the support of our prayers and delivery of soup and cookies!
There were five people missing going to doctor;s appointments for themselves or for family.

"At the point where hope would become hopeless it becomes faith."
-Robert Brault
I am sorry it is not clearer!







2 comments:

Sandra said...

Very thick fog driving in this morning. I could hear the fog horns on the river most of the morning yesterday, will be more of the same today.
I guess you and dad never made it out to River House for lunch.
Do you need more eggs yet? I did not get any for you on Tuesday, but he comes in today again as well.
Sandra

beth bennett said...

Dad has just finished his breakfast so we may go about 2.
This takes care of lunch and supper. He is sleeping in later.If you were going to join us we would go at 1.

Cleaning up the dining room first
and putting away Christmas containers,
in the crawl space.

Love mom