Saturday, December 16, 2017

FRIENDSHIP

"The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile,
nor the joy of companionship, it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him"
attributed to Ralph W. Emerson.

I am thankful to be feeling better today especially because I wanted to visit Joan and a few others at the seniors home.  To be able to bring a bit of joy into a lonely life is a blessing for me.  This is a sad time for those who have lost family and will not have anyone visit on Christmas day.

We have friends who are not decorating because they are not putting on a Christmas dinner.
Dad likes to decorate so that motivates me too.

Jane's son was coming over today to help her decorate so that is good.
We have had some crazy times shopping together in the past.
I like to hang on to good memories especially of my friends.

I expect we will go to church to-morrow and enjoy being with all our old friends.





3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

It is sad that people don't decorate because they aren't having the Christmas dinner. We decorate to enjoy them ourselves as well as for others. We really like our 'winter lights' that I put on the bushes in the yard. blue and white. Good for Christmas and wintertime too.
We don't put up a tree anymore...gave all my stuff to our son...but we do have lots of decorations in the house. A lovely white garland that has lights is on the mantle plus other things.

Friendship...well our friend, ken came and took all our garbage today...plus he is coming tomorrow to look at the car...which is bumping and thumping in the back end. He said it could be a shock...oh boy.
Kenny's wife Bonnie came too and brought us Christmas wishes in a card which had a photo of Ken on the front all dressed up as Santa Claus with his water truck with lights on it. Really cute.

So how was your supper at Sandra and Randy's? what did you have? roast beef? I am sure you will have some photos for your blog today!

Will you be having family stay with you over christmas? We will probably have our son, bob stay overnight. Hope so. Not sure who all is coming...

They say we are in for some really cold weather over the next couple of weeks...like highs in the -20's. It usually happens at Christmas time here. It means we won't have much snow, which is good for folks who have to travel.

do you remember having a white Christmas at the coast? I don't think so!
Well I am off to do the outdoor chores and must find my ski pants...too cold to go out with just jeans on my legs,

Have a blessed Sunday ,
Love, Nancy

Steady-as-rain said...

Hope you are feeling better!

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Yes I am much better.

Yes I do think we had a white Christmas here one year.

We are going soon to Sandra and Randy's

Love mom