Thursday, December 7, 2017

I'M LATE, I'M LATE

I am finding it difficult to be places on time.
I think it is often the last minute things I try to do before I leave home.
Yes a quote from the rabbit in Alice in Wonderland.

Today I could go to the advent study at the church but went out with dad instead.  He sleeps in very late these days so I can go for an early walk first thing.  I have to keep in shape to walk Haiti when she comes later on in Dec.

This is a flower still blooming that I see on my walk in the sunshine on Wed.

Today the fog has gotten thicker as the day progressed.  Dad and I remember that when we arrived here in Sept. the fog was just like this.  Even heavier I think when bus drivers got lost on their routes.  It was a bit depressing as it was also an uncertain time for us, with my health and with dad's work in jeopardy. 
We had talked about meeting Sandra at the River House but we could not agree on the time.
She did come and meet us just as we were finishing to deliver our eggs.
She gazes unhappily out at the fog surrounding the window.

Dad wanted to get more lights to put outside so we stopped at Home Depot.  Dad stops to look at everything while my frame of mind was just to get our lights and to head home.  It seems like we have been gone all day!

Ken and Leah and Tasha all went to the doctors.  Tasha had her biopsy and has now joined the gang of gluten free eaters.  I talked to her on the phone and the test went well and she will start her diet right away.  The hard part has been to eat the gluten knowing it was probably making her sick.

Dad has put the timer on the lights now so they will turn on and off themselves.

I am thankful that for me being a part of this family means I will always be loved.
It means that I will have them to love in return!
So even when plans change everything works out for the best.



2 comments:

Sandra said...

So, did you hear from Leah if they are still thinking C section?

I left work a bit early so it was not completely dark, makes the fog so much worse. As it was traffic was only going 80 on hi way 17.

Made a quick fire and snuggled up to watch a movie.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Heard from Leah today and it looks at this time she will not have to have a C section.

Good news.

Nice to be at home today.

Sun in the morning then dense fog.

went shopping and glad to be home.

Love mom