Tuesday, December 12, 2017

ONE STEP AT A TIME.

Aime is getting to know Haiti one step at a time.
Having Treats wins her affection. 

The laughter and chatter of Kim and Aimie brightens up our day!

Kim is worried that when she leaves on Dec. 22 that it will be icy for me taking her for a walk so Aime will come at one  and make sure she has a good walk.  This is the reason that Aime and Haiti are getting acquainted.

Yesterday morning I was out with the broom to clean up the mess the raccoons had left.  I left the broom outside by the garage door.  When dad opened the door the broom got caught in the side and stopped it from going all the way down.  We got the broom out but the door is not working.  Fortunately the car is out on the street.  This job will be a step at a time to get it reworking.  Wish Oliver was here as he worked with installing garage doors but for now there is no hurry to get it fixed.

Dad went off to the blood clinic to get his P.S.A. checked.

I stepped out for a walk and I do take it step by step depending on how I am feeling.  The fresh air is wonderful and invigorating along with  greeting those I meet is good too.

Back home dad puts up several new rows of lights.  Yes we are keeping up with the Jone's.

A time to sign along with the Christmas carols and rekindle my faith in the love that fills our hearts as we take each day a step at a time.  Our hope is renewed even in the midst of our violent times.

Plans are being made for us to get together but they may change
as often happens with our family.

Ken is now back at work and enjoying warm and sunny days.

"Religion without a hope would be like a hearth without a living fire."
-The other Wise Man  by Henry VanDyke


4 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

oh oh...I bet Larry wasn't very happy when the broom got caught in the door! But these things happen,,,just to keep life interesting for us.

Well that is nice of Kim to have her friend come and take Haiti for a walk. Especially if it is icy. You sure don't want to have a fall Beth. Is Kim going to the Caymen's to spend Christmas with her Mom and Panteli? Are the rest of the family going too? Therese and family? Wow that would be a neat way to spend Christmas...very different!

Good for Larry, putting up lights. I am sure it isn't an easy job when he has pain. I put lights up on the large snowball bush and one of the deer got his antlers caught up in the lights and tore them apart...what a mess. some strings were broken. I wish they wouldn't eat our shrubs and trees.

Carl is feeling better and it is me who is under the weather fighting off the flu. I have a sore throat and ache all over....I am hoping our son will be able to drive us in to winnipeg for Carl's infusion on Thursday...it takes 7 hours and we have to leave in darkness and drive home in the dark and our car has terrible low beams...the high beams are really good, but I blind the other drivers. Mark has good vision.

I am working on a commission painting and trying to get it finished so I can deliver it on Thursday when we are in town. The budgies helped me by parting my hair while they flew around the studio. I told them not to poop on my painting and they listened..so they got rewarded with some oranges but up and a dollop of peanut butter. But I had a difficult time trying to get them in the cage. I caught Lady and once she is in the cage the other two follow suit.

Well I am going to go to bed early and read my book and rest my weary bones..hope to feel a lot better tomorrow,

Have a lovely night,
Love Nancy

beth bennett said...

Nancy.
Ido hope you will feel better. That is an awful feeling when you ache all over.

Hope your son will drive you for the drive back and forth to the hospital .

Your budgies seem like real characters.

Yes Kim is going to the Caymans with Theresa and Mikie and Ben and Morgan.

Also Oliver. No worry about presents just have lots of fun.

Time for Larry and I to have some hot soup. I know it is late.

Have a good sleep.

Sending healing prayers to you all.

Love Beth

Sandra said...

Is that girl the one who is living with Kimberly now?

So is the door fixed now?

Just found out that Oliver will be leaving before he gets a chance to drop over and say hi.

On Monday I met one of the families that is adopting a kitten. They are very nice and will totally spoil the kitten. I am dropping them all off on Sunday morning and then the big clean up and switch over to get it ready for people.

I had had some near misses with slipping on the icy side walks in the morning. Poor Peanut is not so lucky and has had a couple of spills. Makes me wince her landing on her bony hips.

I think it is above freezing now so should not be too bad.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

It is bad walking where it is icy.
Poor Peanut.

No this girl goes to school with Kim.
The girl at her house works long hours at the White Spot as manager.

No the garage door is not fixed.
Dad wanted to put up more lights
and I think he should not try to fix it for now.

His legs were very jumpy and painful with shooks last night.

Today I could go to the book study at church bu then the Jetlag is going out for lunch so that is enough for one day for me. I know the girls really want me to come.

Love mom