Saturday, June 20, 2020

CHANGES

                                           At the park across from Sandra and Randy's.
                                                        No new pictures getting down loaded.

Yes, we have to take it a day at a time.  Every day changes and even during the day there are changes.

Dad had a difficult day yesterday with pain in his back worse and also the pain in his feet.  It changed our plans for a day to walk around Art Naps with Spenser.  He really likes going in the car but with warmer weather that is unwise.

We were so thankful to hear good news from Mary.  The court decided he cannot have full custody and move away.  Thankful Mary has the children for this week.

Sandra has made changes in her plans to visit her children.  In July she will visit Mary and Simone and Sebastien.  She had this planned but travel restrictions changed those plans.  She and Randy will visit Edmonton to see their children and grand children.  The new baby will be born and named.

Shawan will be a busy mother with four active children.  I know my four kept me busy.

I am reading "Women and Children First".  The ship is taking on water and passengers are being loaded into life boats.  The mother of four small children has to decide to get into the boat with her three children as the oldest boy has disappeared in the rush of panicking people.  This book is part fiction and part fact.

It appears that the water that is leaking out on to the sidewalk is from the back pond.  We will miss having it on and the sound of the water flowing.

A cloudy and dull day changes from the bright sunny last few days.

"The power for creating a better future is contained in this present moment.
You create a good future by creating a good present."  -Echar Tolle

This is one reason I enjoy the stillness of the morning.

The rain changes my plan to water the garden.

I want to see the day with hopeful eyes and renewed strength.

Yes I will have a second cup of coffee after I clean up a mess I had spilling the beans.

I will read the next chapter.  Spenser will not like going out in the rain.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I dont this this bi polar weather helps the aches and pains either. It just cant make up its mind on what season it is. I will still working this morning. Did you get a time for Monday for dads cataract surgery?
Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes we did 11:14

nancy-Lou said...

We too, are having bi-polar weather and it is causing all kinds of aches and pains for folks. Including me. It has been very unsettled, humid and localized storms rolling through with lots of rain in them. We received an inch and a half yesterday and another inch today and we had another storm roll through with more. But it is very welcome because we have had drought weather for the last couple of years. The rain is a gift and it fills up our wells and helps prevent forest fires...holds the dust down on the road, waters our garden...and on it goes.

The garden is looking really good. Ken and I always tour it every evening, along with our dog Pedro...he has a funny name. I believe it is spanish and means Peter. The kennel where he lived until we adopted him, had very French owners...and they pronounced his name with the rolled R and the E pronounced as in head. Pedro knows French commands and fortunately I went to a FRench school and was taught by the nuns...so I still remember most of it. I can talk to him in French or English and he understands. A bilingual dog! He has a very sweet personality. Loves everyone and never barks at anyone who comes to the house. But he does not like changes and is a dog of routine.

We worked at the cottage today..preparing it for rental. Ken put together the new beds we bought and I worked in the kitchen. Putting away all the dishes and pots and pans and multitude of things one has to buy to outfit a kitchen. Tomorrow we are back there again. We have to have it ready to rent by Friday.

I am sorry to hear that Larry isn't feeling well. living with pain must be very difficult. I send him healing thoughts. I wish they could do something for him. My partner, Ken has studied various Chinese disciplines. He has done a lot of study in Chi Gong, which is a healing discipline. He studied with a man in Vancouver for the last couple of levels and had to live there with him. Ken is a natural healer and if I have an ache or pain he can take it away, like magic. I had a bad headache today and he cured it. It always amazes me.

He is a master in Tai Chi too...and a wonderful patient teacher. His classes were cancelled due to the Covoid Virus, but they will resume soon. I know his students really missed them.
I am so fortunate to have him right here and we do the warm up exercises and a full set of Tai Chi every morning. it has been almost two years now for me and I am still learning. But it is a lot easier now. there are 108 moves in the full set.

Have a good sleep tonight and I hope tomorrow is a good day, with little pain and lots of good things happening.

Love to you both,
nancy

How are you Beth? Are you managing the Celiac disease ok? I do hope so. It is a challenge.

Well

Ken Bennett said...

We have just had our covid 19 restrictions extended for another month. Seems like we are getting too many new infections. If this keeps up i wont be going back to work until Christmas. We watched Trump this morning at his election speech. He is fun to watch and really gives it to SLEEPY Joe Biden ....lol . He is still a lair and talks crap ( in my opinion) but is fun to watch.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Yes Ken we watched Trump too.

He is a real actor.

Dad is looking forward to celebrating Father's day.

He had a good sleep so that helps.

Nancy you are an inspiring writer.

I find I tire very easily.

Yes I keep on my diet because I suffer if I do not

I was surprised that the couple selling waffles at a little stand even had G.F. ones.

Of course I had to buy one!


Love Beth