Tuesday, June 23, 2020

QUESTIONS

This is our pond.
Is it the reason the water is leaking out front?

Where have the ducks gone?
The mother was caught crossing the road with her babies.
This was 64, a busy road.

When I was growing up I was taught not to ask questions but just do what you are told.  I may have said this ti our children.  You do not question your parents, your teachers, the police or doctors.  If you have doubts or fears do not express them.

Dad has always been  a questioner and I have not.  I am learning to question more.

Dr. Tam the eye doctor had us watch the surgery on a video and then also explained how she would look and how quick it would be.  We should have asked how long a wait before hand and how long after it?  She did ask if we had any questions?  We did not ask about the time before and after.

Dad heard the man next to him complain about the wait before when he had rushed and been stressed to get there on time.

Dad remembers talking when she started the procedure and she told him to be quiet.  He was given more medication.

He was wheeled out into the hall outside and lay there waiting.

Most of us feel time is important especially for Sandra taking time off work to be there.

I still have the book  I read years ago that questioned my religion, called "Inside out" by Larry Crabb.
It started me asking questions about the false hope of modern Christianity.
I am reading it again.  Prayers are not always answered and we can feel let down by what we have believed.

Dad is still sleeping.  I am awake but feel like I have not slept at all.  I felt I had to be sure he did not fall when he gets up to the bathroom. I was concerned if he took to long.  Had he fallen?

Now we just have to figure out when to take all his eye drops.  The new ones with the old ones with time between each one.

There will always be more to learn and see, more buried emotions to feel, and more truth to be revealed.  Doubt can be the beginning of faith!




5 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Yes, prayers are not always answered. Indeed, they seldom are. But prayers are a positive thing to do anyway. Amongst other things, it reminds us how small and helpless we all are in the great scheme of life.

Also, the ideas of prayers being answered has a sort of pagan tinge to it - like throwing the young princess into the volcano kind of thing. Indeed, the Jewish part of the bible (the old testamet), that I reject root and branch, is filled with this kind of thing - bargaining with God. The ark of the covenant and all that nonsense. The idea that God can be bound by a contract is so completely and utterly absurd.

But, I repeat, prayer is a very good thing. As long as we don't mistake God for Amazon.com.

It is a shame it was not clear how the time would work before and after the eye surgery. Some doctors do get a little imperious. Probably there was a reason of some sort.

Anyway, good it is over. Hopefully Dad will be up and about before long.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

yES RICK i LIKE A GOOD DISCUSSION.

Dad is unhappy as his balance is still not that good
but a little improving.

His eye sight is not good in the eye that had surgery.

On google it says some people take several weeks.

We are doing our best with all the eye drops.

Love mom

Ken Bennett said...

Melina prays for parking spots at the Mall when we go shopping during Christmas ...sometimes God finds her a spot ...lol ..
Hope your eye continues to improve Dad .
Ken

Sandra said...

I remember praying for a parking stall at West Ed when doing Christmas shopping. Dont often go the actual malls any more.

It would have been nice to know how long it would take, but at least you and Spencer stayed home, so it could have been worse.

I sent off another request for a painting estimate for you, I hope they call.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Thank you Sandra.

Dad's eye is improving. Thanks Ken.

See you to-night when you pick us up to go to Carol's

Love mom