Sunday, June 21, 2020

EXAMPLE.


 Roses from our garden.

I am thinking about my dad today and the many things I learned by his example.

Appearance matters.
Put your best foot forward.

The history that is a part of how we are matters
He was a proud Englishman.

Work hard in all you do.
He worked on the C.N. as an office clerk.
He grew a big garden in our back yard.
He hated dandelions.

He made new discoveries about his ability to teach others
when he became a Scout Leader.

Express the music that is within you.
He played the piano by ear and sang loudly at church.

Faith was expressed by attending church.

Be creative.
We started painting pictures of castles and of mountains and streams
after he retired and it gave his life meaning.
He was in a wheel-chair at this time.
He suffered from Asthma all his life/

He loved to travel on airplanes.
He went back to England and also to Haiwai. 
He loved their music and their beautiful spirit.

Education is so important.
He encourage me to study so I could attend University.

Value the importance of family.
Love one another and forgive the words that have hurt.
He love calling out the letters and numbers for Bingo.
He love tricking us by finding money in our ears.

"Love is what keeps us going."

Teach others what you are learning.
He learned all about hiking and camping so he could take the Scouts out to enjoy nature and to learn skills from how to survive.

He was proud of my brother and me.
He was thrilled when Brian joined the Mounties.
He was very proud on my wedding day.

I loved my dad and enjoyed the visits I had with him as he grew older.

We touch each others lives in many ways and certainly by example.

Saturday we went to Art Naps and Spenser loved walking around and smelling new smells.

Good to come home and watched Trump for awhile.  What a show off!  What a story teller.

Then it was time for Heart beat!

I believe that telling some one you were a good example for them is high praise.

Thanks Rick for your phone call and card expressing that to dad.  Much appreciated.


4 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Great to read about Grandpa Bowron. You left out his trip to South America. I want to ask you about the letter-opener. I was thinking of getting it framed so it won't get lost.

I am very glad that Dad liked the card. I picked it out right away. I knew it was the right one for me.

I am really not feeling well these days. I have to drink moreLo water, so I'm trying to do that.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Rick,
That is not good you are feeling so poorly.

When I was so sick the doctor put me into the hospital
and I had all the tests done.

I am sure he saved my life.

All I can do is keep on praying
that the problem will be found.

All our love mom and dad.

Ken Bennett said...

I remember toast and Postum before bed , and of course pulling a quarter from my ear .
And he thought i was the worlds best wheel chair pusher .
Ken

beth bennett said...

That is funny Ken.

Thanks .

Lovemom