Monday, June 29, 2020

PRESERVE

More and more I am completely baffled by my incompetance.
More and More I spell words wrong.
                                                             or forget what I was going to do.

Fortunately Carol and Panteli brough supper over for us on Sunday.  They arrived to find us in a panic thinking Spenser was lost.  Carol found him fast asleep by the far side of the bed.  Meanwhile dad when one way down the street and I another.  Only then we could relax and enjoy our supper together.

Today we did things right by phoning on Friday to have his shot all ready for us to pick up today.

To-morrow we have the appointment set up to see our family doctor for him to give dad the shot.  It is not easy to make appointments to go in because most appointments are just by the phone. The eye appointment comes later on the same day but that was made at the surgery.  Dad will be glad not to have to do all these eye drops.  

It was a miracle that the eye surgery was preserved  with the bad fall.

"Most of us live our lives between completely clueless and totally overwhelmed.'"
I completely agree with Ann C. Sullivan

First thing in the morning a fellow is coming to look at our over grown cherry tree.  It has grown very high and right over the neighbors fence and on to their roofs.

We have to preserve to find the right house painter.  Thankful for all the help we can get.



5 comments:

Sandra said...

So Dad is seeing his doctor today? Do not forget that the hospital said to take the scan results with you and have him discuss them them.

You should have a phone attached to Spencers collar so you can call it and hear where he is.

Mary's cat was run over yesterday morning.

See you later this morning.

Sandra

beth bennett said...


Sandra That is very sad news about Mary's cat.

Our first little dog was run over on Sea Island
where there would be one or two cars a day.

It was a very painful experience.

I have every thing in the car,
I hope he will spend a few minutes with dad.
He might say I will give you the shot
and that is all for today.

I will not be able to go in.

It will be a busy day.

See you later.

Love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

Silly dog. Sleeping away. It is funny, in the old days when the dogs wondered around I don't recall ever having to look for them.

I would suggest Leah could probably give Dad the needle, but she is very likely to be coming in contact with people with covid19 as part of her job, so that would not be a good idea for now.

I have finished helping my old-friend from work with his and his wife's wills and all that (health representation agreements and so on). Which makes me think maybe it is time to discuss that with you and Dad.

I am very reluctant to come down to Vancouver to see anybody in person as I am worried about my little Kamloops "bubble" here coming into contact with your bubble down there. I worry about that a lot.

So on Thursday I am supposed to start work and they say they will try and have somebody call me that morning, which sounds a bit tentative, don't you think? Funny thing, I'm sure in a few days I will discover that there are a lot of things overdue and I will have to work over-time to try and bring it all up to date.

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...


There is a tracking device you can attach to your dogs collar and then you can find them...

Beth, don't feel frustrated at not spelling words right etc..you are amazing in your ability to still keep a daily blog now that you are getting up there in years! Many of my friends wouldn't be able to that and they are in their early 70's. As we get older we all struggle with finding the correct word or spelling...Ken and I laugh about it...we help each other!

Our medical clinic has nurse practitioners as well as RN nurses who give shots. I get my B12 shot from them sometimes. We live near a reserve and the clinic as well as the hospital is well set up with doctors. nurse practitioners as well as nurses. I can usually get an appointment the next day and the doctors take lots of time with you. We are quite fortunate.

It is my birthday today...had a lovely visit with Mark and his partner Shelley,. they brought a cake and candles and sang happy birthday...lovely. Ken wanted to take me out to the restaurant at the hotel but it has been so hot and I just didn't want to go out in the heat again..so we had salad. This is the fourth day in the mid 30's and apparently there is more to come. The overnight temperatures are about 23. we have air conditioning and we are thankful for that.

I can understand Rick not wanting to leave Kamloops... the virus is still around and now that they are letting people travel I think it will make a resurgence. I certainly hope not but don't understand why they let people fly especially.
As you know we live in a summer resort area and people are coming from the USA,. I don't know how they do, but they are. A man came to the parking lot today and he just flew in from the states. Actually he phoned ahead and request a special taxi to take him down to his cottage. He lives in the restricted area where you cannot drive your can during the summer months.

I hope Larry is feeling better now. so glad that his eyesight is ok. that must have been quite the fall.

Love to you both
Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes Rick we worry about the bubble.

Tasha came and we hugged.

Love mom