Thursday, June 25, 2020

MEMORABLE

Dad was not a pretty sight
but I was very thankful to have him home.

He had a bed he could have stayed the night.
He needs more evaluation.
He had a C.A.T, scan and has no broken bones.
He needs to have a cane or a walker.

I was just falling asleep when he got a stomach ache.
He had to go back and forth to the bathroom.
We are both exhausted.

This will be a memorable day for many reasons.  The kindness of our neighbor Core and his wife,

The man who came to do the estimate phoned for the ambulance and kept me calm.

The ambulance drivers.

The support of Carol and Sandra as we sat on the front porch eating snacks Kim had prepaared.

The phone calls from Kim and Kenny.

Sometimes things go wrong but we will need  to find new skills to cope.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it could have been a LOT worse. Worse places to fall, not having help around. All in all if it helps dad to reach for his cane more often it will turn out to be a good thing.

Have to wonder why the deterioration of his balance after the eye surgery, but at least he says he can see better now.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Lots of unanswered questions.

Dad needs constant looking after.

He loves his new shirt you got him
his was cut off at the hospital.

Love mom

Ken Bennett said...

Funny i think the last thing Dad said to me was he is using the cane all the time now !
The kids are on school holidays from today , go back to school 13 July . Melina has 3 days left of her antibiotics , she still feels sick .

As you may have seen on the news 6000 Qantas staff will be sacked. I am not sure if or when I will go . I think 2 of the 7 staff in may area will have to go . I have the most seniority so I will be asked to leave first. Of course at first Its volunteers then the company will spill the positions and we will have to reapply for our jobs. I am waiting for Management to contact me.

I will call and check up on DAD soon.
Ken

Steady-as-rain said...

You neighbours Corie and Natalie are super nice. I am glad you had a good deal of help.

haven't seen Dad use a cane yet. So something to look forward to. Actually, canes be quite a cool fashion accessory.

I am supposed to be starting work at a new job on Monday on a remote basis. But the final paperwork has yet to be done. So I am a little anxious.

I'll call tomorrow.

Love.

Rick

Shandel said...

Oh yes Grandpa. Use your cane or walker. Much better quality of life. I'm sorry to hear you fell. Sending lots of love. Xoxo thinking about you.

Shandel said...

Thinking of you guys.

beth bennett said...

WE appreciate your kind words Shandel

Love beth and Larry