Sunday, June 14, 2020

UNREAL

Everyone says the same thing
every day is the same
every day it seems unreal.
What can I do?

Today is Sunday so I read the Good Book not a trashy book.  It is just a little way to keep the day special.  I can go on line to watch a service of my choice but I find my mind wanders and I am not really getting into the message.

Good to have phone calls from Sandra and Carol and Rick.  
We are invited for supper to Sandra and Randy's today.
To-morrow we are invited to Carol and Panteli's. 

We love to dine out!

Words matter.  Inspiring words lift the heaviness from our spirit.

The four gospels were not the first documents written down.  All the genuine letters of Paul were written earlier.  They all are from the Jewish Tradition.  The writers have their own[ personalities and remember things differently,  The writers have each experienced the power that changed their lives.

This happens all the time in our family.

The sun is now out.

People are out working in their yards, and the world seems normal for a few moments.

One of the neighbors boy is a grade 12 graduate and his picture is out on their front lawn.

We all miss the things we have not been able to do.  One day it will all change for the better.


2 comments:

Ken Bennett said...

Matthew is home sick today. They are not allowed to go to school if they have any symptoms.
He has a sore throat nothing to serious . I talked to my manager yesterday , maybe back to work in July , late July. We have live sports here now ,ARL rugby AFL aussie rules . great to see live sports again No one is in the stadium but they insert sound effects at crucial moments , its kind of weird ..
Ken

Steady-as-rain said...

Well, it must be tough to have been in Grade 12 during the pandemic. But we adapt, with things like pictures on lawn signs.

Good Kenny will be back at work soon.

I have a "lunch interview" on Wednesday or Thursday in Chilliwack. Also, a different group in the Yukon has shown interest. But I hope the kidney clinic can sort things out before I have to make any drastic decisions.

Matthew and Luke were written to address the ideological shortcoming in Mark (the first Gospel, as you know), hence the Christmas story nonsense appears in these two that isn't in Mark. Mark is to be preferred, generally, as being written first and soonest after the death of Jesus. John was written a hundred years after the death of Jesus, so that gospel is not about memory. John has some very interesting things to say - "in the beginning was the word" is probably the best opening line in all of literature - but historical accuracy is probably not its strong suit.

I am off this morning to help a friend I use to work with at the Tax Commission do his will. Kind of a somber thing. Then I will rest in the afternoon and hope the kidney clinic calls.

Love,

Rick