Friday, July 24, 2020

BELIEVE

             My day starts with watering the flowers and cleaning up the shed in the back yard.

Every year I put things out for people to take after they have been sitting around in our shed for years.
Believe it or not this year is the same as every year I take it out and dad wants it back.  We may use it one day he says.
                                           Spenser wants to get going.  Believe it or not.
                                          I am fortunate I have strong legs and knees.
                                          I start to walk across the road with the light and a lady offers to help me.
                                          I am very careful and slow to step down off the curb.
                                          I laugh and say I am okay just being careful!
Kim's favorite flower, the sun flower.

We walk by Jan's house.  Jan the muffin lady!
Yes we soon are at the park.
We stop and look at the book place.
I have found some very interesting books here.
Even found one dad liked to read.
Lots of beautiful flowers.
I look at all the different houses.
Every color you could image.
I like them all.
Nearly home.
A cute sign.
Our friend Angela's house.
Our neighbor's house is brown and white.

Spenser and I have a rest and then dad drives us to Art Nap's to buy me a birthday surprise.  His stomach is upset so he waits in the car.  Dad is having stomach problems again.  Not good.

I pick out my own top and will surprise dad to-morrow.
We are invited to Carol and Panteli's.

We arrive home to receive a phone call from Shandel and Cameron on their way to Jasper.
Her birthday is just after mine.  Jane also has a birthday a day after mine.

We have an exciting time ahead getting our cherry tree cut down and the house painted.

I cannot believe we have finally decided to do this!



7 comments:

Ken Bennett said...

I guess you will read this in the morning. HAPPY BIRTHDAY .
I finally got a chance to cut the grass . Mud puddles everywhere but i got it done. We have a yard that everyone's water flows into . I am trying to work out how to get the water to flow in to the drain??? More rain tomorrow !! Good news on the house being painted . Did you catch the mouse yet?
Ken

beth bennett said...

Thanks Ken.

That is a difficult problem to deal with
the water running into your yard.
You do not need more riain.

Going to Carol and Panteli's.
Sandra and Randy will give us a ride.

Sunny and warm today which it usually is for my birthday.

Our water problem is back.

It appears to be the pond in our back yard.
Very difficult to fix.

How is school going.

Love mom

Shandel said...

It was so lovely to chat with you guys. Thank you for the reassuring words of encouragement. We had a wonderful hike and now cameron and daisy nap while I do some yoga. Happy Birthday! To us. Xo

Ken Bennett said...

We listen in to Jasmines class .The teacher finished her last instruction at 10:30 am saying complete the work assigned and I will talk to you Monday morning . The all yelled out bye see you Monday and that was it !! Gone !! It is not as good as being at school but it will do i guess. 2020 worst year ever we still have 4 weeks of lock down.
Hope you have a great day.
Ken

Anonymous said...

Happy big 83 Beth
Well it has finally come to pass
You couldn’t figure our how your first born could reach 63, before your got to 83. Well no matter how, it really has happened .
You are definitely 83, and may I say, one the loveliest ladies of that age anywhere!
We have been a couple since October 1953! That is when I gave you my precious Saskatoon Cubs Baseball Jacket. You stole my heart, I was hopelessly in love with you, totally smitten!
My love for you has never wavered
Yes, I know I can be a bit grouchy when you tell me to clean out the garage!

When I look at you today. I still get that little twitch in my heart, that I always had when we met for a date, or just on the street.
When we hug each other first thing every morning, I still can’t believe what a lucky man I have been all these years.
Yes there have been misunderstandings, and arguments, during all these years. I guess we wouldn’t be human if there were not any. But our love has been strong, and we have fought the good fight. Now here we are with such a loving family that we both cherish!
So Happy Birthday My love
And may we spend many more together.

nancy-Lou said...

Happy Happy Birthday Beth...one day late! You will have to excuse me for a minute while I wipe away the tears after reading Larry's beautiful message to you. All those years and still in love...wow. I know so many couples who reach old age and have been married a long time and they are very unhappy. some even not living together. You two are awesome.
You have left quite a legacy for the younger generation to follow!

I would play and sing you Happy Birthday, as I do for many of my friends, but I cannot post photos or videos here.

It sounds like you had a great day, with supper with your family. I look forward to seeing photos.

There are so many visitors and cottagers here. More than other years. Because of the Covoid virus people aren't travelling like they usually do, they are staying in our province and some are buying cottages. The cottage sales are up by quite a bit. They have bought out the bicycles and swimming pools as well. Not many left in the stores. they are visiting out provincial parks more too and camping. Kinda nice, getting back to what really matters. Spending lot of time with the kids.

BUT they flood the local stores and supplies are often low for the permanent residents and especially gas...last weekend all three stores were out of gas and we couldn't go where we wanted to go. Went home again. Now that is rare, but our gas is about three cents a litre cheaper than the city, so I guess that is the attraction. We try and keep the vehicles gassed up.

there have been some close calls on the highways here too. So much traffic and some drive like idiots. some of the locals have tagged them as citidiots. Not nice, I know.

I like seeing photos of Spenser..he is awfully cute. Does he have his own doggie bed? Pedro does..he has two actually. One right beside our bed..my side of the bed. He would like to come on the bed too but we don't allow him up on the bed.

I wish you a wonderful day,
Love to both of you,
Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes Spenner has a bed in a big chair next to our bed.

Love Beth