Thursday, July 9, 2020

STRESS

It is a rush for dad and I to get out of the house by 9 in the morning.  I hurry Spenser along on a shorter walk with  limited sniffing.  The positive side was dad got right in at the eye doctors.  She is pleased with his surgery.  Dad did not have a moment of awe like some when they have this operation.  His has been a gradual change.

There was no time to phone the doctor about dad's bladder infection.  He and I both know it is getting worse.  It seems a little thing to go to emergency about but it can cause damage if untreated.  Either we do that or contact the doctor.  I was very firm.  As we go back his family doctor's address I say turn back and I will see if I can talk to anyone.

Dad's doctor was away for a week.  It seems both the patients and the doctors find this new procedure stressful.  The nurse said she would contact the doctor in the walk in office and have him contact dad. He did.  A form was also sent out to get the medicine.

I really stressed my gratitude to this nurse.

He now has started his medication after we took turns waiting for it to be filled.

I was saddened to hear a dear friend has a brain tumor and only has a month or two to.live.  She cannot talk or use a computer.  I wish I had got to know her better. 

I am reminded how important friendship is and it is worth the effort it takes.

For me it felt like a stressful day but now I can just sit and relax and enjoy a T.V. show.

I find evidence of a mouse in my dining room.  They are going to stress me out as they go from place to place.


6 comments:

Sandra said...

Have you had the person by who does your cleaning lately? Are you putting up Spencers food over night?

Stress as long as it does not last long and gets things done, like making dad stop to speak to the doctor is OK.

I have postponed starting a new system with employees clocking in because it was just too stressful to try and get it done before I leave on Thursday.

I hope dad starts to feel better fast.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Thanks Sandra

The cleaning ladies come on Monday.
How did I exist without them.

You will be looking forward to your trip to see everyone.

Love mom

Ken Bennett said...

wet wet wet here... ugh . Jasmine is ok , having a sleep in today. The Dr/HOSPITAL anaesthetist cost $1600 . I get a couple hundred back from the government. If I had private health insurance I would have got the same hospital and dr but only pay $200. The catch is that family private insurance costs and $420 per fortnight or $10,900 per year. Like Canada we get free health cover ( via taxes ) but the catch is you have to join the line for elective surgery and It may take months or years to get in for the operation . Elderly with hips of knee issues can take forever. To see a local Dr is free. Dentistry is only covered on Private insurance .
Ken

Steady-as-rain said...

I'll call tomorrow to see how everyone is.

Sorry - I have been a bit preoccupied.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Hi Rick.
Was that a good preoccupied?

Ken and Melina would be glad Jasmine's test is over
and she is okay.

I suppose a doctor will tell you what they would advise.

Love mom

Shandel said...

Oh boy! Mice in the kitchen. Yikes. They would worry me as well. I'm glad Grandpa finally got treatment for his bladder infection.