Wednesday, July 22, 2020

RECOVERY

My life feels like a train wreck
when I am shut out of my own blog.

Dad and I went to the City Hall to get a permit to cut down a huge cherry tree.  The doors were locked and no one was there to help.  We will phone before we go today.

I spent hours trying to get into my blog.
I went to bed unsuccessful.
Dad and I were worn out trying.

I nearly got up in the middle of the night to give it a try.

I wake up this morning willing to keep trying.
It appears that only after doing it wrong many many times I finally succeed.

My morning is transformed  when I recover my blog.

Dad's recovery seems slow but  we trust that  he will regain his strength and his courage.

Faith will become stronger when we have faced struggles and failures and find in the midst of both pain and suffering and joyous new beginnings we are willing to move outside our comfort zone.

Deep inside our souls we carry a mystery that is called God.

Each day a new beginning!
A power greater than ourselves gives us renewed strength and renewed hope in the transforming power of recovery that is a gift of grace!

Dad has found with my help a lost letter that another grandson had written to his grandfather.
Some one dad had not known about.

Yes he had put it in a safe place
which we often do as we get older
but then we forget where we put it.

Recovering it was priceless!

8 comments:

Sandra said...

The tree man had told me you did not need a permit if you were just taking one tree down, I take it he told you something different?

beth bennett said...

Dad has talked to the City Hall which is not open now.

When will you be home?

Lovemom

Sandra said...

I am home now, got here just before noon.

beth bennett said...

Good

Ken Bennett said...

You should write down instructions now that you have remembered the correct way to sign in.
Ken

Steady-as-rain said...

It is good you found the missing letter. I find that I only find things when I am moving which is exactly when I don't have time to do anything smart and just cram things in any nook and then can't find it later.

It is infuriating when you can't log into the thing you want to log into, especially when the computer seems to have forgotten the password!

I have a blood pressure machine at home now as the cardiologist at the hospital here in Kamloops really wanted me to get one.

So long cherry tree!

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

One cherry tree will be cut down and one just cut back. Next month some day.

Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Beth, I keep a piece of paper under the keyboard of my desktop computer with the passwords on it..I always put the date, the password and my name...sometimes the name is different.
I think that will help you a lot! hope so..don't want you to be so frustrated...I know I have been there too!

I hope Larry can recover more quickly and feel lots better...it is awful to have pain and not feel well.

I see Rick is going through some heart tests too..I am also. I haven't heard anything back from the MIBI tests yet. Will get the results on Monday. Hoping it is good news! I have my fingers crossed for Rick too!

We are having a heat wave and it is very humid as well. I think one could wring out their clothes it they were outdoors...the low pressure draws up moisture from the southern USA...Ken knows what that is like. He lived in New Orleans and played for the symphony orchestra for a few years...he said they live in air conditioning all the time. He is from Chicago and they have it pretty hot there in the summer as well. They don't have mosquitoes but they have something called chiggers who burrow under your skin and they are very itchy.

Ken is teaching a course of Tai Chi at the St. Georges museum...which is about a 35 minute drive away from here. It is a beautiful venue located along the Winnipeg River and the classes are held outdoors on the deck overlooking the river. It was a magical experience. There is so much history there...it is a French settlement dating back to the 1700's.

Well I have to go out to the garden and pick some veggies for the stir fry for supper..I am going to melt!

Have a great day,
Love to you both,
Nancy