Monday, July 6, 2020

EQUAL OPPORTUNITY

Lots of work gardening.
Every effort counts.
I believe in equal opportunity.
Sandra arrived on Sunday morning with garden gloves and tools and a very determent  look on her face.  Yes it was time the forest that is my front yard needed  weeding and pruning.  Plants take route every where they feel like it.  I am pleased Sandra made some paths that I can with great care walk along.  She started to bag the lot when I said she had done enough and she go home to her husband.

As soon as she left our friends Pat and John came for a visit.  When I heard they were on the way I tried to clean up the back patio with the cherries covering the ground.  Yes the cherry tree has grown too big.  

As they were leaving Carol and Panteli arrived with Haiti.  Haiti is very special to us.  This time Spenser had to stay in the house and at one time they looked through the window in the door at each other.  I still believe they can become friends.

We walked Haiti then Carol started filling bags.  Still lots more to do so she came back in the morning.  Both girls worked very hard and I appreciate all they did.  Thanks girls.

I was thinking how old growth has to be removed to allow new growth.

Dad and I are in this process now.  New strength and courage is needed to replace what we used to be able to do.  This can cause discomfort like any change can do.  We take it a day at a time.  Dad cut a few branches down today and we took turns cutting the lawn.  Dad did one row and I did the next.

Ready for bed and a fresh start to-morrow.  A walk with Spenser and then he gets a wash and a hair cut.


6 comments:

Ken Bennett said...

I may be blind , but i never see the weeds in your garden , it always looks healthy with plants. I did an online seminar about leaving work . Didnt really learn much .I guess I have
to do more of a one on one meeting. More Covid cases here in Melbourne .We made CNN so I imagine you may know what i'm talking about. Now for our Daily discussion , whats for dinner !!! We had steak and sausage with mashed potatoes and Salad last night , thats always my choice. That or grilled cheese sandwiches !
All the best ken

Ken Bennett said...

BREAKING NEWS : Melbourne now in lock down for the next six weeks. Kids back to home schooling. ...ken

Sandra said...

Why is Melbourne doing so poorly at controlling the virus Kenny? All this lock down stuff is so hard on everyone. I am so glad we are back to almost normal here.

So Carol came back on Monday and did more weeding or finished bagging up what I had left?

Did you call the painting in company?

Has dad decided he will do all the pruning on his own?

3 of our 5 kittens left to their new homes yesterday, waiting to see if the person who met the other 2 wants them or not.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Ken
That Covid-19 messes up things.

WE still have to be very careful here or it will start again.

Dad has not called anyone.

He cannot do it himself.

That is tough but that is what it is.

Hope all the kittens find homes.

Love mom









Ken Bennett said...

Sandra : 2 things re covid ... 1 Its winter now , cold and flu season / 2. People just getting to close and virus could be changing , mutating , and is more contagious but possibly less lethal. Government are very worried and have called in hundreds of police from NSW and the army are protecting our boarders . We can not leave our state.
And like Trump says , you dont test you dont find any new cases . I think we are testing hundreds of thousands people a day .
ken

Shandel said...

So true Grandma! Old growth removed provides fresh space for new growth. We can always apply that to areas of our lives. Change is hard but needed. Specially for happy joyful lives.