Friday, July 31, 2020

PLEASED

Very pleased it is a bit cooler!

Pleased to hear from my brother Brian.  He remembered my birthday when he went tout to pick out a card for his grandson.  I was pleased he remembered but even more pleased his remembering his family.  I know that Traudel was the one who remembered the grandchildren.

I have sent all my cards for August but the mail is very slow everywhere.

Rick is continuing to have tests.  An Echo gram.  Pleased he is feeling a bit better.

Dad is still having stomach problems.  I have cleaned out all the cupboards of thing he should not have.  We are eating at home but I am not sure my cooking is better than the White Spot?

We did a bit of cleaning up in the garage.  Neither one of us has a lot of energy.  Pleased to sort out a few items to get rid of.

I am reading two books.  One about miracles and one about suffering.

We are pleased to hear stories about amazing miracles but the reality is they do not happen to every one.

"I think miracles exist in part as gifts and in part as clues there is something beyond this world that we cannot see."  -Peggy Noonan

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I just finished the one book Carol suggested, North of Normal. Amazing what people can live through and still end up any where near normal.

Mandi and James worked late into the night and then were back at it early this morning, but they are now all packed.

Is dad eating little snacks? Or maybe he had some red onion, it has a recall right now.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

Chocolate and too much oily food are things that tend to bother my bowels.
Also diarrhea is a common side-effect of many medications.

I was up at 4:45 am this morning. No reason. Just woke up. Might go to Tim Horton's for coffee.

That is very good that Uncle Brian remembered your birthday and his grandsons birthday.

Echo scan went okay last night. No news from that until after the long weekend.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

No dad is not eating much.

No red onion.

Love mom

beth bennett said...

Rick,
Itis hard when you wake up so early and cannot get back to sleep.

I was up at 5:30,

Good to get some news soon.

Love mom