Sunday, July 26, 2020

OVERWHELMING.

I was overwhelmed at all my birthday wishes.
Cards and phone calls from friends and family.
What a blessing!
Will we ever forget this year of wearing masks.
We were a small group but that was okay.
Sandra and Randy joined us.
Haiti is frightened by a noise.
Sandra comforts her.

My favorite dinner and cake.
Delicious!
Also some goodies to take home.
Muffins and cookies.
My birthday wish is for Rick to regain his health
and also dad's stomach aches to stop!
Flowers from my good friend Jane.

My brother did not phone which was not unexpected.
I wish he will find comfort in this time of sadness.

Many things are changing.  Smaller groups recommended.  School and work on line. Fewer games for the Canucks.  No fans in attendance.  Games in Edmonton.  We will always remember this time.

We can let fear overwhelm us but instead follow the guidelines to be safe and to be calm.

Yes I fell very loved and overwhelmed with kind words and caring deeds.




8 comments:

Sandra said...

I looked for the card from shandel cut could not find it. I will look again.
Sandra

beth bennett said...

Okay Sandra I know things can get lost.

Love mom

Ken Bennett said...

Still no birthday card for Matthew .Our post office was shut down with COVID 19 in the area.
We will do a cake and a family only party tomorrow for Matthew . I have to tell my boss by the 02nd of Aug if I am going to leave. Our weather is looking better for the rest of the week.
Ken

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Beth. I’m glad you had a good day.
Germaine

Anonymous said...

I FOUND IT!

I was in my suitcase after all, in a small pocket that I did not think it would fit into.

So, you have something to look forward to.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Very nice to see the family pictures Beth. Your cake looks delicious...is that whipped cream for an icing? mmmm

Isn't that terrible, what is going on in Melbourne? And other parts of Australia too. Everything here is getting back to almost normal. We are going to Costco tomorrow and they aks that you wear a mask in the store, which is ok. There is social distancing too at the check outs otherwise people are not that careful about it. I find Costco always has people who are in a hurry. they run in front of me and cut me off. It is a super busy store in Winnipeg. There are three stores but they really need to build more as it is so cramped and way too many people. Ken and I come out and it takes us a while to calm down...we are country folks.

I sure do feel for Ken and his family, being under lock down. Also for Ken having to make such a difficult decision as to retire early. I am thinking of you Ken and of your family. I hope that the numbers go down and that things can start to open up again.

I am thinking of Rick too, with the medical things going on in his life...sending good thoughts for feeling better Rick. it is bad enough having to deal with the Covoid stuff but not being well adds a lot more stress. Take it easy! fingers crossed for good test results.

Beth, take some before and after pictures of the cherry trees...would be nice to see them.

I wish you a lovely evening,
Love to you both,
Nancy

beth bennett said...

Good Sanda.
I will ;ppl forward to seeing it.

Thanks NANCY
We appreciate kind words and thoughts.

Love Beth

Steady-as-rain said...

I am glad you got so many cards and calls and even flowers! Another year has gone by. Glad everyone was wearing masks at your party.

So nice to hear from Nancy-Lou.

Kenny has lots to think over, I guess. Hope he feels comfortable with his decision, whatever it is.

Love,

Rick