Tuesday, August 25, 2020

BRIGHTER

Our back yard is looking drab.
I can't believe I have not added more flowers
I am inspired by my friend Maxine's back yard.
I love what she has done with her back little shed.
I hope dad will be well enough to make some little flower boxes.
This is our shed.
Dad has painted it and added windows.
It is getting painted the same as our house.

Our lives have been feeling a little drab.  We are waiting for the painters to come and the tree chopper and the water man from the city engineering department.

Thankfully we are getting a lot of help and advice and understanding from our family.  Getting old is difficult.  Thankful Sandra is helping with keeping in touch with these guys.  It has been too easy for us to just drift along.

I can't believe that dad and I ate out and he had fish and chips.  It did brighten up the day for him.  He suffers later.  He will not admit it may be the fish and chips.

Carol has brought over some rice and fruit and vegetables for us to eat today so hopefully we will be able to enjoy a visit with Theresa and Ben and Morgan at Carol and Panteli's. 

I am doing some stupid things.  I forget to pick up the prescription I went to the store for.  I come home and use my debit card in the book I am reading as a book mark.

Looking back on my life I realize how many times the prayer of faith has helped me get through difficult times.
                                          Yes I believe brighter days are ahead of us all.

5 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Brighter...I am glad things are brightening up for you. Lots to look forward to with the painting of your house and the trees cut down. It will look so nice Beth. We are going to paint ours too or do new siding...we have to make the choice soon as the weather here wont be nice in a couple of months...painting especially has to be done soon.

I was wondering if Larry has been test for a bacterial infection...of the bowel or has he had a colonoscopy recently? I have had both. The bowel infection was from eating at a Mexican restaurant and it lasted for a year. I lost 30 lbs. It was simply awful. I had to always have imodium handy.

My goodness you are so fortunate to have Carol and Sandra living near by..such caring daughters. I know so many folks whose families either live miles away or they just donèt care. Or they have no kids at all and are alone and unhappy and giving up. You gals are angels.

I am working in the studio today, towards a show of my work at the local restaurant. I will hang it there and invite people. I have my work already hanging there but am painting a new series based on birch trees and sunsets. maybe 12 new paintings. Just taking a break right now. Ken is busy in the living room..he took apart the old fireplace and is making into a wall of bookcases and the centre he will hang the large tv...it is 60 inches. He has lots of stereo equipment..being a musician, and that all has to fit in there too. lots of work for him, but he just does so much each day...a few hours work.

The Covoid virus is really out of control on some of the Hutterite colonies...mainly due to their communal living. Our government has applied stringent rules now and some parts of the province are stepped up to code orange...thankfully not ours.

The bears are causing a ruckus in the cottage area...and people are panicking as usual..oh there is a bear in my yard...come and shoot it. They are down the avenues, as we call the restricted cottage area because they are careless with the garbage...plus there are lots of apple trees and berries around now too. We see them here, but we just acknowledge each other and continue on our way. There was a woman killed by a black bear in northern Saskatchewan yesterday..so one has to be careful. I do carry a bear banger which makes a loud noise...just in case. There was cougar sighting yesterday too, in the cottage area. which surprises me as they are reclusive. I thought perhaps they made a mistake and it was a lynx as they are common here but the person said they saw a long tail and check on line re size. We have had cougar sighting quite often.

Well I am off to the studio to work on my project...oh joy! I love it..

I hope you both feel better soon and wish you a great day,
Love to both,
Nancy
PS thank you for being so faithful to your blog, Beth...you do a great job and I know it takes a lot of thought and time.

beth bennett said...

Yes Nancy
I laugh at some of your remarks.

Yes we are very fortunate.

Going to Carol and Panteli's for a birthday dinner for Theresa.

Love Beth

Ken Bennett said...

Love Nancy's comments.
I should have my letter in a few hours (7:30 am ) here . Which means I will be retired by the 15 sept. Finding a job at the moment is not so easy . Qantas announced a further 2500 job cuts yesterday . All the ramp staff , baggage handlers and aircraft cleaners will be let go and have to reapply to work for a contract handler .
I think the kids may be back to school by 2 OCT . Nice to hear your optimistic Mum . I hope Dad feels better today .
Go Canucks ... dont lose faith ...yet..lol
ken

beth bennett said...

Wow Canucks!

Sandra said...

Once your trees are cut back you could get some flowers to grow in the back again. Right now it is just too dark and gloomy.

I dont know why dads doctor would not test for bacterial thing as well, easy thing to do to rule out one possible cause. Why dont doctors listen to us?