Sunday, August 16, 2020

TOO HOT

                                              Dad has warm socks on to watch the game.
                                              I watch for awhile but then go out and water the garden.
It has been a long hot day.
I was up early to walk over to the store to get a can of pumpkin for dad.
Then Spenser and I went for a early walk before it gets too warm.

Dad is not too happy with his diet but I tell him just to give it a try.

Enjoyed lunch over at Carols.  She made a rice fruit soup.  Dad ate his all up.  There back porch is lovely and cool.
New chairs are being painted for the patio at the side of the house.  It will be a good place too.  A lot of hard work putting the heavy cement squares in place.

Looking back over my life I remember how great it was to make new friends every time we moved.  There was Dorothy Wells in Tsawwassen and Jane in Surrey.  My best friend now is dad.  We share many memories and now we share growing older together.

I am too hot but dad is not.  So we still have our differences!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

So I take it dad is not better? Pantelis garden looks wonderful

Shandel said...

I hope the stomach diet helps bring relief. Sometimes we have to force ourselves to make changes and it does get better. Beautiful back yard garden. It has been hot here the last couple of days. We are happy to enjoy some summer while we have time off from school and work. Daisy celebrated her 9th birthday this last week. Yesterday we took her to Chickakoo to walk the pretty trails. It was a bit busy, but there is enough trails that we were all spaced out really well. A few appointments this week and then we are off to the mountains for a week.
I am taking my laptop so i can stay in touch and read your blog. It is a great way to stay connected and enough my morning coffee with.

kim said...

The patio looks great. Stick with the healthy diet Grampa! You can do it! No sugar no fat.

beth bennett said...

Grandpa is improving. what a relief!

He has an appointment with a doctor on Sept. 9.

Rick has his test to slow down his heart today,
It is amazing they can slow it down or speed it up.

I am talking to my heart. "Hey heart you are doing a great job!"

Love mom