Tuesday, August 18, 2020

KNOW

                                                There are things I just know.
                                                     I know who made this mug.

We know more people are being tested for Covid-19 as the crew that was to power wash our house could not come because they were being tested.  We waited all day before they let us know they were not coming.

We all have our ways of knowing things.

It is amazing that after all these years of knowing dad I am still learning new things.  He tells me a story of when he was very sick as a young boy and he left his body and was up on the ceiling looking down on it.

I knew what to give dad to eat but until Carol came along side to give us more information about knowing exactly what to do it was not helping.  Dad is now eating white bread with out butter.

Dad tried to get on his bike but just he count not get his leg up.  Healing takes time!  Especially as we get older and need to regain our strength.  Dad knows this.

I know that we are a close family and when anyone has a problem we all do what we can to help.
This helps to keep us closer.

There is also a mysterious way of knowing things.  Tasha and I know we both believe in heaven.

I am confident that life does not end at death but there will be a new beginning.

I have a book written by nurses who work in Hospice with the dying.  Their experiences have changed there way of looking at death.

I was taught that Jesus loves everyone and that love can be known in our hearts!

I know because I have experienced it!

6 comments:

Ken Bennett said...

oh Joy white bread and no butter !! I am pretty sure thats not too healthy either. Just a thought how about not eating sugar ?? You could see a dietitian ?
Management have put off final staffing levels until at least next week .
Ken

beth bennett said...

Hi Ken,
I bet you would like to know what is going to happen.

Dad is doing better now. This is a diet especially for this.
You add other food gradually.


He is not eating sugar or salty food for no

We see his doctor on Sept. 9.

Dad has been through a lot. Worry before his eye surgery
and worry about the recovery.

He had a bad fall and his back is painful.

Too bad he cannot walk far with his sore feet.

Good we have Spenser for him to talk to and baby.

We are fortunate to have each other.

Love mom









Sandra said...

Dad had another fall?

Why would white bread ever be considered a good thing?

Has the painting company rescheduled ?

I guess I will have to remember to call. By the end of the day I am usually tired and at the beginning of the day you are still sleeping.



beth bennett said...

No it is just past history.

No not another call except if we have picked out he colors.

/The washers will not be coming until they are cleared virus free.

Do not worry

Love mom

Ken Bennett said...

Nothing new here , just looking forword to Canucks game , it starts here at 12:30 pm .One good thing is only 11 days until spring .
Ken

nancy-Lou said...

What colours did you choose for your house Beth? I am sure you are anxious to have it all done..nice and fresh looking.

We are either going to have new siding put on our house or paint it. there will be repairs to do if we take that avenue..some rot. We may go with a metal roof, but there are worries about the internet reception...it is wireless. So we will see. We are building a carport too...which will be sheer heaven in the winter time. Scraping ice and snow off the car is not fun, especially when it is -40.

Right about now, I wish it was -40. It is 30C again today with high humidity. We have had a hot and sunny summer. We now wish for cooler weather please!
Ken and I picked up his new kayak yesterday and he was so excited to go out today...he is kayaking with my son Mark...first to test his out and get used to it as it is a pedal one, and then they will go to Elk Island, about an hour and half paddle one way. Ken has been canoeing or paddling since he arrived in Manitoba, in 1973. He loves the outdoors.

How are Leah and Craigs children doing? I was just thinking that you haven't posted any photos of them for a while, but with the Covoid virus I guess you aren't seeing them. Susan put some lovely photos of them on her facebook page. They are so darned cute aren't they?

Well my floors are dry by now..I washed them twice and they were still streaked so took the steamer mop over them again...I used the wrong cleaner the second time. I will steam the upstairs floors now.

I wish you and Larry and lovely day...I hope you both feel well and are rested.
Give Spencer a big hug for me..tell him it is from Pedro!

Love to you both, take care,
Nancy