Sunday, August 2, 2020

SLOW

Yes Shandel your card has finally arrived.
Thank you I appreciate your words!
  1. No matter what way you choose the mail is slow.
Sunday is a slow day for me.  I do not have any plans or any lists of things to do.  Dad helped water the garden but before I knew it he was trimming branches with great enthusiasum.  I told him to slow down.  The hardest part is cleaning up all the mess.

Aftera rest in the shade deck we drove to Art Naps mainly to take Spenser for a drive.  He goes crazy running around the car wanting to come with us.



We stopped off at the park on the way home.  I checked out the books there and picked out a couple for dad.  Right now he is reading Chicken Soup for a Mom's soul.  Nice heart warming stories.
                                         This is our colors.  I liked the lighter blue and dad likes darker.
                                               We may go look again on Tuesday.

I am reading a book on prayer because it is Sunday.  I try to at least read something a little more spiritual.

"I believe that prayer is our more powerful contact with the greatest force there is in the Universe."
-Loretta Young.

"Prayer lives in pure open moments of right here right now.  Prayer lives in a spacious place,"
-Richard Rohr

Life is the best teacher of true prayer.  Everything we experience can be a blessing, an awareness of love.

I am praying that our family will have a peaceful day

To be alive is to have moments  when we slow down and take time to be thankful.


6 comments:

Sandra said...

I dont know where the blue in the middle came from, but the blue we picked out at the store is the darker one on the right.

Sandra said...

I think

Ken Bennett said...

Well we are in stage four lock down with a curfew of 8pm . Until 15 sep .
Ken

beth bennett said...

Ken
That is unbelievable.
Hard on every one.

At least there is hockey!

Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Good grief it sounds like during the war with curfews etc..stage four. Awe that is awful for Ken and his family. I know how it was here when everyone had to stay home...it almost looked like the apocalypse downtown in Winnipeg...no one there at 9am. really weird.

I like the paint colours..the darker blue is really nice..soft and greyed. It goes well with the other two colours.

We are doing well...enjoying the vegetables from the garden. Every day Ken comes in with more and more. soo tonight we are having green beans with little potatoes and fish.

Manitoba has had 27 cases of Covoid virus over the long weekend. We were done to none for 23 days I think, but Hutterites went to a funeral in Alberta and brought it back. So I cancelled my art and music classes until fall. See what it is like then.

our summer has been one of the nicest in many years..lots of sun and hot.

Off to make dinner now..have a great evening,
Love Nancy

Shandel said...

I am so glad you finally received it. And here I thought it would be faster hah. I'm always late with cards.